Virgin Broadband Media Outage

• 1 month later...
Anyone in the Barry Road area having problems with Virgin Broadband at the moment? I've had no service for the past two nights though I'm not at home at the moment so don't know if there's still a problem. No local problems at the moment according to their website.

the service went down on sunday afternoon again for a few hours. They were due to send out an engineer but not heard anything since. Yet another company that make you deal with a non UK call centre after battling your way through twenty numerical options

Virgin Broadband (and any of their other services) are great when they work but as soon as something goes wrong you enter a world of pain. I've not had a working landline for about 5 years now because I got tired of taking time off work for them to come round, then tell me that its such and such a problem and they need to send a different type of engineer for that (which of course is never the same day).

My broadband has been increasingly patchy lately so I've had the feeling that I'm due for some significant downtime. And its probably a sign that their service for the area is oversubscribed again.

We sacked them off just over 12 months ago and went with Sky, never had a problem in last 12 months. As our 12 month contract was up Virgin tried to swoon us back. I made a pro/cons list for both-Sky won hands down, revelations like these posts affirm my decision- check www.moneysavingexpert.com as they often have codes for savings, we had FULL Sky package for less than ?50p/m (included phone and Unl BB)