Dean Morgan soccer aid

I have just had a knock on the door from a man saying he is Dean Morgan looking to arrange a sponsored penalty shoot out on 5th may in Brockwell park. He says he coaches forest hill Eagles.

Is this legit? I suspect a scam. This is in the Underhill road area.

To add, he is asking for up front sponsorship, and has a long list of names (all written in the same handwriting) who have all paid him ?10 or ?20 each...

100 percent scam. Dean Morgan is a pro footballer who could do slightly more higher profile fund raising than going door to door collecting. My mate plays league 2 football and said his bemused girlfriend phoned him up once to tell him a bloke was chatting her up pretending to be him! My mate was more flattered than annoyed.

Knocked on my door as well. Left abruptly when I declined the offer to sponsor his 100 penalty shoot-out. Thanks for advising that this is a scam. Hopefully someone will notify the police of this should he be doing the rounds again tomorrow...

He knocked on my door (Hillcourt Road)too. Started to tell me about being a football coach and although I didn't get to say a word, he got irritated and left saying he could see I wasn't at all interested (true) and that he was sorry for wasting my time! Left me feeling quite unnerved .