Recycling not collected for two weeks

Hi,

Our recycling bin has not been emptied for two weeks now. Generally, we have a once-weekly Tuesday morning collection. I have rung Southwark and am waiting for a call back. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Or does anyone know if there is a change in the service? Thanks

Ours is on Tuesday as well - arrived and did the business as normal. I have found that the times of arrival aren't always exactly the same, but generally for us in Underhill below Langton Rise mid to late morning for both blue (and alternately green) and brown bins. The brown bins crews (each week) are the same, as are the blue/green bin crews - so if your green bin has been collected last week that should be the same crew as collects your blue bins on alternate weeks. They may not collect the bin if it contains something clearly not dry recyclable - but if that's not the case they may just be missing it. Do you pull it to the front of the property?

Hi Shaila Shah,

The current system is every week either normal rubbish or recycling is collected . So a fortnight between each of those collections. The exception is food waste and garden waste which is still weekly.

If after 6pm on the due date you've not had the correct collection you should contact the council.

You can double check what date things will be collected via -http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200084/recycling_and_waste/1362/what_are_my_collection_days_and_service

If any of the below are in your recycling, they will not collect. You need to remove these items first;

Contamination

Please only place the items above inside your blue bin or box, communal recycling bin or clear bag. The following items are commonly presented in household recycling containers but must not be:

Food waste

Textiles

Plastic bags

Black bags

Small items of household furniture

Please place materials into bags, boxes or bins loose. Materials presented in black bags will not be collected.

Further information

Labels on packaging

Garden waste

Food waste

Textiles

Plastic bags

Black bags

Interestingly, today, the 'blue bin' men put (into my bin for collection) rubbish from other bins, which included items in plastic bags (including black plastic) bags. I was slightly worried my bin then wouldn't be collected - but no problems on that front!