Taxi parking on Crystal Palace Road

katgod

While I know that anyone can park anywhere etc, the three taxis parked on Crystal Palace Road have not moved for several months. No one uses them. They simply do not move. The Tom Gates one, the Rimmel one and the Russian airline one, all in the section between Pellat Road and Heber Road. Does anyone know who they belong to? Taxed but unused. It's upsetting the parking balance and it is time to go and park somewhere else now.

I know I can't force them to move but hoped this post might uncover some info about them.

I looked at the Southwark spine maps for the cycle route from Peckham to the Plough. The yellow lines at the junctions on Crystal Palace Road and the side roads just between the Great Exhibition and the Castle will result in the loss of 43 (yes 43) parking spaces. Now that will really upset the parking balance!

HI KK,

There is a thread about the Southwark Spine open now about two threads below this one. It directs you to https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/eastdulwichtopeckham/.

Scroll right down to the bottom and click on the consulation plan.PDF link to download detailed maps about the entire route including the details about the number of parking spaces lost at each junction. It's 15Mb so most probably too big for this forum. Apologies I'm not more conversant with how to add links on the EDF.

Not that I'm in favour but most of the lost parking spaces are down to the councils blanket approach to putting in yellow lines at all junctions. What's really galling is that the 16 proposed yellow lines on the roads that junction with Crystal Palace Road were excluded from the scheme that's going ahead because they were considered "Future project, e.g. Quietway" - well that Future Project is now here.

I wasn't really commenting on the scheme per se although I do dislike the blanket approach to yellow lines on residential roads. I was merely pointing out that the 3 taxis in the title of this thread will seem like small change in terms of lost parking spaces when this is complete.

bargee99 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HI KK,

> There is a thread about the Southwark Spine open

> now about two threads below this one. It directs

> you to

> https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/eastdulwichtopeckham/.

Sometimes it is rather difficult to out-satire councils. From the document...

"A focus group with people who currently do not cycle was held on Saturday, 7 February 2015 at the Rockingham Centre, Elephant and Castle. The participants were all Bengali first or second generation residents living in the Elephant & Castle neighbourhood."

Thank you for the heads up about the Spine and loss of parking spaces. Unbelievable. East Dulwich ward seems to have been massively underrepresented at the first stage. Need to stop there double yellows. See link bargee posted above.

And meanwhile Southwark Council approve every planning application to convert small houses into 2/3 flats, and any corner plot like the old hairdressers' warehouse, the old police arms storage and the development on the corner of Heber/Lordship Lane etc etc into multiple rabbit hutches...