What happened on Lordship Lane last night (16th Feb)

Hi all,

I live on Lordship Lane bear milo road. Heading up after watching an evening screening at the Picturehouse, their was a unusual number of groups of drunk people being noisy on Lordship Lane. Didn?t think much of it, though a bit strange.

At about 1am there was a huge brawl of what sounded like about 10-15 people outside our house and a few mins later 7 or 8 police cars, ambulances, and a number of police on foot came up past the house and were rounding people up outside the Crystal Palace road bus stop. A lot of commotion and hysterics from a number of people.

Was this a house party that got out of hand, or something more?

Cheers

Overloaded party with drunk loud teenagers, alcohol, nitrous oxide/laughing gas containers everywhere, spilled out onto the street at which point a fight broke out between about 10 young d*ckheads, one of them dropped a knife, police called, vans, cars and around 8 police, multiple arrests and drama and kids hanging about on the street until around 3am. Pain in the a**e.

bcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Overloaded party with drunk loud teenagers,

> alcohol, nitrous oxide/laughing gas containers

> everywhere, spilled out onto the street at which

> point a fight broke out between about 10 young

> d*ckheads, one of them dropped a knife, police

> called, vans, cars and around 8 police, multiple

> arrests and drama and kids hanging about on the

> street until around 3am. Pain in the a**e.

It's the knife being carried that worries me most. It's just giving ammunition to those who after March will be asking for a curfew for the under 25s.

I live on Lordship Lane 5 doors up from where this party happened. I was woken up at 1:30am Sunday morning to loud screams from a group of girls. Screams of distress. To my shock when I went outside to see what was the commotion was my neighbour informed me a fight had broken out shortly after the fight died down. A young man came up the road with a machete and a skull mask covering his face. He was in the middle of the road swinging the knife and even hit a taxi drivers bumper coming down the road. He then entered the party. Think it was mostly a scare tactic as nobody seemed to be hurt (thank god). However the police turned up very shortly after including unmarked police 4x4's who was the armed police with actual guns. Everybody at the party soon shut up when they turned up. The police was very impressive taking no nonsense from anybody. They disbursed everybody out of the house and made some arrests to those who was being drunk and disorderly. I don't know if the fella with the macho machete was caught and arrested. I hope he was! Disgusting behaviour! What happened to a good old fashion punch up.