Fridge removal (do the council do it?)

phil2k

Does anyone know whether the council offer a fridge disposal service? I moved to ED back in June 07 and ever since then have had a old fridge (or freezer, I've never been keen enough to check) sitting in the front garden. Landlord at the time promised to have it taken away but after lots of emails still hasn't done it so I'm taking it into my own hands...

They're so hard to get rid of properly and I know other councils around the country offer a disposal service - if anyone out there knows what I can do please let me know!

Thanks

Hi

contact Southwark Council 0207525000 for collection of any large bulk waste, including fridges, and it's FREE, they give you a time they'll collect and if you are disabled or elderly they will arrange to carry it down stairs.....we are lucky in Southwark,other Councils charge, Bromley in particular send someone round to do an estimate first!! and you have to pay the invoice before they'll collect!! We all complain sometimes about Southwark but this service is Gold Standard!!!!!