anywhere still deliver food badness at this hour

You're a legend sir. Both these numbers are going under E for Emergency in my phone.

Unfortunately I fell asleep directly after eating a fortune cookie I found in the bottom of my bag and went to bed without any supper.

Now I'm wondering if anywhere delivers bacon butties as I have no food in the house but can't leave as I'm waiting for a delivery. Pah.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're a legend sir. Both these numbers are going

> under E for Emergency in my phone.

>

> Unfortunately I fell asleep directly after eating

> a fortune cookie I found in the bottom of my bag

> and went to bed without any supper.

>

> Now I'm wondering if anywhere delivers bacon

> butties as I have no food in the house but can't

> leave as I'm waiting for a delivery. Pah.

so what did the fortune cookie say then???

Actually this is a good thread...given its world status London is totally rubbish for out of hours delivery - why so?

Last time I was staying at my bro's in NY it was great to be able to order anything at any time - fully tested by ordering fresh Japanese after a big night at 4am and amazingly once "English Tea" - proper scones delivered to your door with cream and jam at midnight.

Hit the same hour in ED, get home tipsy and what do we have? Answer: Londis, a run the gauntlet walk to Kebab and Wine, or somewhere so far away that the foods cold /you've fallen asleep by the time it arrives.

If Surma or Hisar started doing delivery only after midnight to 3am I'd be a taker - but is there a market??

probably not, i'd imagine that's why nobody's doing it - lets face it, lefty though alot of us like to think we are, if there's an overindulgent demand in the market, ED is likely to be one of the first places where capitalism will thrive in that direction!

bignumber5 Wrote:

> probably not, i'd imagine that's why nobody's

> doing it - lets face it, lefty though alot of us

> like to think we are, if there's an overindulgent

> demand in the market, ED is likely to be one of

> the first places where capitalism will thrive in

> that direction!

Think we are BN5, think we are?

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm vaguely aware of a fried chicken place in Camberwell that delivers late, but I imagine it's in all likelihood not up to ED's organic standards. Actually, what am I talking about - used it once and it wasn't even up to my drunk-and-will-feast-at-the-chicken-cottage standards.

I'd really like a HEALTHY fast food place on the lane for on my way home. Somewhere that does grilled chicken and a big leafy bean salad in a cardboard box, a juice bar and falafels. The closest I've seen to that is some of the fare Leon does in central London.

All the pubs, curries, fish and chips and kebabs round here...not good. In the future it will come!

Are you sure Wimpole?

Usually if I want food at that time, it might be because I've had a few ales. And if I have, then I'm more likely to want food badness than a superjuice.

That said, try Hisar for some tasty looking falafel and salad late of an evening.

its a good point. i always wanted the fictional service that was thought up in sex and the city when you can call the number and they will deliver anything, food, asprin, milk anything. and why not. its a great idea. when you're hungover, drunk, ill, injured, busy with the kids to go out. if this was set up in london it would do a roaring trade.

EosieH Wrote:

> Are you sure Wimpole?

>

> Usually if I want food at that time, it might be

> because I've had a few ales. And if I have, then

> I'm more likely to want food badness than a

> superjuice.

>

> That said, try Hisar for some tasty looking

> falafel and salad late of an evening.

You are such a drunk Rosie. In general we all like lettuce and juice on the way home here in Ed. Keep your baddnesa to yer sel.