Foxtons turn the lights back on

Dear Foxtons,

I returned to East Dulwich tonight around midnight and as I travelled from Goose Green heading south up Lordship Lane I noticed your lights were off. I object most stongly to this and feel you are letting the area down by your penny pinching.

The only lights that were on were the Payless 24-hour dodgy corner shop, Dulwich DIY ironmongers, the fast food southern chicken/ribs place near the bus stop and Londis.

This is not what I moved to East Dulwich for. I didn't pay/borrow ?400,000 for a cowboy conversion of a three-bedroom flat to see a high street that has as much illumination as an impoverished midlands town full of Poundshops and charity shops occupying the premises of bankrupt ventures.

When you arrived in East Dulwich with all your fanfare and bright lights I, and many others, righly thought the area was on the up. Furthermore, after a few beers on Lordship Lane, the responsible types like me who catch the bus home could always keep up with world affairs by watching Sky News or BBC News on your telly while waiting half-an-hour for the bus.

Now I understand that there is another thread on this forum that is demanding you switch off your lights. I haven't bothered to read it because I suspect it is full of posts by pinko-liberals who probably imagine they're somehow saving the planet by reducing 'light pollution'. I also understand that by pretending to aquiesce to such naive demands you're actually saving a few bob on electricity. Nevertheless, we need your dynamic brashness to keep East Dulwich alive. Can you imagine Clapham, Islington, Camden or Crouch End being influenced by a few idiots?

Turn the lights back on and be damned. Show East Dulwich you mean business and will not be held hostage by a few blow-ins from the sticks. Where would Las Vegas, Times Square, Piccadily Circus or even Blackpool's trams be without lights?

If you need me to start a petition to keep your lights on don't hesitate to ask.

Yours,

Silverfox

A spirited response SilverFox, salut.

Unless of course you work for EDF or suchlike and are not declaring your interest.

In which case expect an angry mob, all flaming-torched and pitchforked-up to be congregating outside your front door.

But you probably don't and they probably wouldn't anyway.

So, as you were.