Anyone recommend woodland dog walk near Ryedale?

twinmummy

I live on Ryedale and have family coming on Sunday for a birthday lunch - they are all bringing their dogs and hoping to walk off excesses after lunch.

I walk my dog on Peckham Rye regularly, but being quite new to the area, haven't ventured further afield yet woods-wise. Should add that we'll be taking a double buggy (good off-roader) so couldn't be dealing with too many stiles etc (not that I imagine their are many in South London!?).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I'm not sure if you're allowed dogs in cemeteries but if you enter Camberwell Old Cemetery you could join up with the new Green Chain walk (do a google search for "Dulwich Green Chain") and it takes you up into Brenchley Gardens / One Tree Hill and then over to Camberwell New - down into Nunhead Cemtery and then turn left on Linden Grove and back across Peckham Rye. Just follow the Green Chain signs.

alternatively, head up Underhill Rd. opposite the Harvester you can head up into Sydenham Woods, keep following the paths to the right and you will come out on a steep alley way that had the Dulwich Woodhouse to the left (up the hill) and Sydenham Hill station to your right. If you go right and then follow College Rd past Dulwich College - over the A205 and then turn into Dulwich Park you can then follow the wooded dog walking track all the way around the park. Departing at the Court Lane exit and going straight ahead brings you out at the Plough and from there, home.

twinmummy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thanks all (Fuschia - knew you'd know the score re

> double buggies)!

I don`t know why it has the sort of gate it does, to deter bikes I suppoe but it`s a pain. WE do walk there, lifting ours over!!