Forum Sponsors

www.bramly.co.uk

Your Local Personal Trainer

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageUpdate Success: Change petition asking Southwark Council for action towards becoming carbon neutral
Posted by hpsaucey February 17, 11:29AM

Change.org petition here asking Southwark Council to declare a climate emergency to galvanise them into action with regards to their plans for carbon reduction and move towards being carbon neutral.

[www.change.org]

HP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 31, 09:24pm by hpsaucey.

messageRe: Change.org petition asking Southwark Council for action towards becoming carbon neutral
Posted by hpsaucey February 17, 12:59PM

Hi admin - wondering why this post 'lounged' when the Heathrow consultation one wasn't?

messageRe: Change.org petition asking Southwark Council for action towards becoming carbon neutral
Posted by hpsaucey March 31, 09:23PM

Glad to see Southwark Council committing to going carbon neutral by 2030 - 2decades earlier than previously planned so great news!

Shame it was lounged on here as a post given this is everyone’s futures at stake (unless ED manages to survive in a bubble). Anyway - thats my personal grump out of the way.

report here:
[www.southwarknews.co.uk]

HP

Posted by yeknomyeknom April 22, 03:22PM

I totally agree. Amazing that our borough took this step, and this should totally be unlounged.

messageRe: Update Success: Change petition asking Southwark Council for action towards becoming carbon neutral
Posted by PeckhamRose April 25, 01:03PM

It is wonderful news. However, this forum is called East Dulwich Forum. This fabulous and important thread is not specific to East Dulwich, therefore is in the lounge. That's the logic that made sense to me. Well done everyone who worked for this. Now let's see the councillors using public transport.

--------------------
Humanist Funeral Celebrant

messageRe: Update Success: Change petition asking Southwark Council for action towards becoming carbon neutral
Posted by yeknomyeknom April 25, 03:31PM

But...East Dulwich is in Southwark. Southwark is East Dulwich’s borough. The new actions being taken will directly effect all of East Dulwich as well as benefitting the wider community. Also, there are threads all over the place about Peckham.....

I don’t agree with you.

the PeckhamRose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is wonderful news. However, this forum is
> called East Dulwich Forum. This fabulous and
> important thread is not specific to East Dulwich,
> therefore is in the lounge. That's the logic that
> made sense to me. Well done everyone who worked
> for this. Now let's see the councillors using
> public transport.

Posted by hpsaucey April 25, 04:46PM

yeknomyeknom Wrote:
> But...East Dulwich is in Southwark. Southwark is
> East Dulwich’s borough. The new actions being
> taken will directly effect all of East Dulwich as
> well as benefitting the wider community. Also,
> there are threads all over the place about
> Peckham.....
>
> I don’t agree with you.
>
> the PeckhamRose Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It is wonderful news. However, this forum is
> > called East Dulwich Forum. This fabulous and
> > important thread is not specific to East
> Dulwich,
> > therefore is in the lounge. That's the logic
> that
> > made sense to me. Well done everyone who
> worked
> > for this. Now let's see the councillors using
> > public transport.

Seconded - I don't see the same logic being applied to other trans-boundary threads e.g'Aircraft noise'; 'Parking Zone - 'Peckham West'; 'Brown bin collection - Council starting to charge?'; 'Ultra Low Emission Zone – extension of scheme October 2021'; 'Peckham rye adventure playground' etc etc etc.

HP

Posted by Renata Hamvas April 25, 04:46PM

Hi Peckham Rose. I use public transport and walk as do most of the Councillors. Several Councillors cycle.
Renata

Posted by uncleglen April 27, 11:00PM

How is the council going to police the increasing amount of burning of wood?

Posted by yeknomyeknom April 28, 08:42AM

Try this thread instead:
[www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Uncleglen Wrote:
> How is the council going to police the increasing
> amount of burning of wood?

Posted by yeknomyeknom April 28, 10:47PM

For anyone genuinely interested in learning more about the climate issues we are facing, I can highly recommend this book:

The Uninhabitable Earth: A Story of the Future Hardcover by David Wallace-Wells

Posted by hpsaucey April 30, 08:17PM

yeknomyeknom Wrote:
> For anyone genuinely interested in learning more
> about the climate issues we are facing, I can
> highly recommend this book:
>
> The Uninhabitable Earth: A Story of the Future
> Hardcover by David Wallace-Wells

Thanks for posting.

HP

Ps - vote in parliament tomorrow. Let’s see if our MPs have the guts to vote to declare a national climate emergency.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum