We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23
messageRe: EU Trade Talks Thread
Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 07:01PM

Nah. Johnson will claim whatever paltry deal he gets will be the eu caving in ďas perĒ

Britain will be diminished
Scotland will leave
Johnson will be sacked

Keano will still be keano

Speaking of this fudge. Care to try and define it keano? Give me 3 things (or more) that Botha sides will cave in on and why this will be a bet win for Britain. Go on. You get to play Fantasy Brexit

Posted by keano77 September 12, 07:23PM

Thank you for your kind offer to let me play with you Sephiroth.

Not many parents let me play with their EU-indoctrinated offspring in case I de-programme them.

A letter from your parents saying it will be okay will do though.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 07:26PM

So, as per, brexit remains undefinable.

Got it.

It occasionally hoves into view, at which point brexiteers come over all funny and vague and use weird language

But actually define what might be a good outcome? God forbid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 12, 07:30pm by Sephiroth.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 07:35PM

The thing is...

Keano (and people like him)

They won. They enjoy that fact. It doesnít make them happy. Nothing does for long. (Have you SEEN how angry they have been for last 4 years)
But itís something to cling to
Pleasure is only ever fleeting. So tweaking remainer noses will do. Itís a plentiful supply after all. Loads of Ďem. And they lost. Ha ha

But he knows. They know.

They are terrified of what they have done

Canít admit it. And certainly never here. Probably never even to themselves.

Far easier to dismiss posts like this. And he will

But in bed. At night. They know

And he and they are damned because of it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 12, 07:37pm by Sephiroth.

Posted by keano77 September 12, 07:57PM

Iíve said this before Sephiroth but the EU youíve tried so valiantly to defend for the past six years doesnít exist.

The world has changed. Every country or group of nations faces an uncertain future, especially now, post Covid.

Yes, I admit I do make a nuisance of myself popping Remainersí self-righteous notions of being the ones with all the correct answers but youíre up for it.

One thing Iím certain of, whatever outcome we arrive at a good number of people will be unhappy.

Posted by j.a. September 12, 07:58PM

keano77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shakes head in disbelief of my obsequious fellows

To whom, exactly?

Posted by j.a. September 12, 08:01PM

keano77 Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> Yes, I admit I do make a nuisance of myself
> popping Remainersí self-righteous notions of being
> the ones with all the correct answers but youíre
> up for it.

Thatís all well and good, but thereís a certain amount of pot calling the kettle black there.

>
> One thing Iím certain of, whatever outcome we
> arrive at a good number of people will be unhappy.

This is very true.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 08:04PM

ď
One thing Iím certain of, whatever outcome we arrive at a good number of people will be unhappyď

Something we agree on.

But your first point about the eu is delusional. Countries do face uncertain futures. Pooled strength will be worth more than go alone small countries. Being part of the eu doesnít guarantee a certain future and never did.

As I hear from leavers all the time - uk was worlds somethingíth best economy (I mean that is slipping since Brexit. Obvs) but it manages to make top 5 whilst ďunable to Make its own lawsĒ. Amazing stuff

But I see you are now going with the tired ďeu will collapses or disintegrateĒ trope

Or ďwhistling in the darkĒ. Because the dark is what you know even if it isnít your friend

Posted by keano77 September 12, 08:14PM

Well put it like this.

This country that you have spent six years trashing has enabled you to make a handsome sum on your property and move out to West Sussex, has educated your children, looked after their health and is currently paying a large part of the wages of millions of furloughed workers who would otherwise be destitute and homeless.

Not bad for a country ďWith its arse hanging outĒ as you would have it.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 08:40PM

That has all happened IN the EU

Itís East Sussex

I had been renting for years in London before moving here

The U.K. furlough scheme is about to end (unlike several eu countries which have extended their schemes until 2021)

Other countries have education and health schemes.

What the hell damn point do you think you are making????

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 08:53PM

I mean everything keano says in last post could equally apply to the many thousands of English people living in Ireland

But you donít hear many Irish people wanging on about it like itís some kind of super power. Or wanting to leave the eu in order to... what? Still. No one knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 12, 08:57pm by Sephiroth.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 08:55PM

We have a lot of English people applying for Irish passports in last couple of years

Irish people applying for British passports? Not so much

Now. Why would that be?

Posted by keano77 September 12, 09:01PM

Sephiroth Wrote:
>
> I had been renting for years in London before
> moving here

> Re: Buy to let mortgages and renting flats for income -
anyone got experience of this?

Posted by Sephiroth September 03, 07:27PM

...I have been a landlord. I let my flat whilst I rented a house in a interim position.

We need landlords and we need rental property. But rather than hold on to my flat and expect tenants to pay me ever more money, I sold the place...

My point is you and your family have done well out of this country and good luck to you. But to consistently try to put the country down, Eu good, UK bad is a bit silly donít you think

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 09:17PM

It really isnít. All countries provide basics and usually accept some immigration. There isnít any special gratitude required for it. You havent answered any of my points

But you have posted a potted history of my life without any reference to timeline so you have no idea

I came to this country. I work. I pay tax.

If I did the same in Yugoslavia but saw what was about to happen would I be wrong for pointing it out?

Why do you want gratitude? Face the problems you are creating

Given the history of what this country has done to Ireland I would pipe down if I were you about telling people to be grateful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was september 12, 09:19pm by Sephiroth.

Posted by j.a. September 12, 09:20PM

Iíve never understood why people who criticise aspects of the UKís courses of action are accused of putting the country down, like no one is allowed to have a negative opinion of one aspect of life here while having positive opinions of another?

Oh, wait, now I get it.

Posted by keano77 September 12, 09:25PM

Youíve missed several hundreds posts j.a.. Youíve got a lot to catch up on.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 09:25PM

Iím genuinely pleased to be a lightning rod for keanos id- someone he can distract himself with. Save him from the horrors of his own thoughts when he isnít tormenting remainers.

He canít look at or listen to those thoughts any more. They hurt him so

Must. Distract. Must. Believe.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 09:25PM

Youíre the one with outstanding homework keano. Leave ja out of it.

Why are English people applying for Irish passports in records numbers - many of them leave voters?

Posted by pk September 12, 09:29PM

keano77 Wrote:
>
>
> The world has changed. Every country or group of
> nations faces an uncertain future, especially now,
> post Covid.
>
Doesnít sound like a good time to be exiting trade arrangements with your closest neighbours with nothing to replace them

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 09:32PM

Come come pk- we have that Japanese deal rolled over

Well...I say we have that deal. Japanese parliament has to vote on it so letís see. Our mps wonít get to. So much democracy. So much control

And so much fuss over a deal that is worth so little to uk economy. Easy enough for Japanese to say ďsure. WhatevsĒ

Posted by keano77 September 12, 09:49PM

Sorry folks, had to break off for last night of the proms.

Not an EU flag to be seen this year. Maybe the people who handed out free EU flags outside the Royal Albert Hall in former years are all on furlough now, happy to take the UK shilling. There must be warehouses full of EU flags somewhere.

Anyway, where were we?

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 09:52PM

ďWhere were weĒ

You were avoiding answering any questions as per

Letís stick with the one. Why are English people, including leavers, applying for Irish passports in numbers ?

Posted by j.a. September 12, 10:04PM

keano77 Wrote:
> Youíve missed several hundreds posts j.a.. Youíve
> got a lot to catch up on.

Iíve read the whole thread. Youíre quite the pompous prick, and youíve been avoiding questions for the whole shebang so far.

Like I say, I see you.

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 10:07PM

Be fair j.a

Itís in the job description. No leaver has managed (in 4 years) to answer any question in any meaningful way so why would keano be different

Posted by Sephiroth September 12, 10:08PM

Keano pretends to be enjoying this

But in the dark tonight. When he canít sleep

He knows. He knows

Posted by keano77 September 12, 10:13PM

All sorts of reasons. British people who can claim Irish ancestry can have the best of both worlds. Independent Britain and unfettered access to the EU. Especially useful if you have a second home/holiday home abroad or wish to work in the EU I would have thought.

Posted by j.a. September 12, 10:20PM

*Hereís* the point............................................................aaaaaand *hereís* Keano doing his best to avoid it and appear like a jovial sort whoís simply enjoying sparring with those silly childish Remainers.

The ďoh Iím sure itíll all be alright in the end chaps, youíre being melodramatic, letís not worry about it, smart men are on the caseĒ view of things is filled with hubris. But if it makes you happy, who am I to take that away from you in these weird times. Enjoy. While you can.

Posted by keano77 September 12, 10:22PM

j.a. Wrote:
> keano77 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Youíve missed several hundreds posts j.a..
> Youíve
> > got a lot to catch up on.
>
>

> Iíve read the whole thread. Youíre quite the
> pompous prick, and youíve been avoiding questions
> for the whole shebang so far.
>
> Like I say, I see you.

Steady j.a. You're a welcomed new kid on the block and youíre jumping to conclusions.

I was referring to many posts that have been made on this subject pre-referendum and post referendum under the general heading of Brexit. Itís on here somewhere. The point I was making is donít be fooled by Sephirothís posts. Youíd be horrified at how badly Brexiters have been treated.

But you can make your own mind up about.

Posted by j.a. September 12, 10:34PM

On here? If thatís what you mean then Iím not particularly surprised - this is a heavily Remain supporting area and online people run their mouth (yes, me included).

Iíve been lurking here for many years before the boredom of lockdown pushed me into posting; even though back at work Iím still doing it. Iíve seen the arguments go back and forth over Brexit, here and everywhere else.

Itís getting late at night and Iím at the end of a 15 hour shift so Iím going to leave it and go home. But this whole ďBrexiters were treated badlyĒ argument - you won. You won and then rammed it down the losers throats like a street fighter. Frankly that pissed off and alienated a lot of people who were otherwise aware that it was a democratic vote, and accepting the result is the price you pay for not living in a police state. A lot of us did accept the result, and since then have had to endure being told that we're traitors for not supporting Brexit.

But what is Brexit? No single version of it can command a majority across the whole Leave community, so the only thing that brings you together is No Deal.

Iím tired and rambling. You won. You promised us it would be ok. And look where we are now, no further forward as a society. It pisses me off, because Remainers and the EU are still being blamed for *everything*. No one on the Leave side is considering whether maybe theyíve messed up thus far, at all.

Gínight...

Posted by keano77 September 12, 10:44PM

Good post.

You said ...Ē You won and then rammed it down the losers throats like a street fighter...Ē

By this do you mean Brexiters generally or me individually?

If I did this I apologise to all concerned. I only intended to respond to what I considered unfair comments.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum