We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Glazer Delmar

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
messageRe: Its a minefield...
Posted by diable rouge June 30, 07:02PM

Successive Tory Govs managed to 'defund the police' to the tune of 20,000 less police officers. Just saying...

Posted by TheCat June 30, 07:15PM

diable rouge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Successive Tory Govs managed to 'defund the
> police' to the tune of 20,000 less police
> officers. Just saying...

Indeed. And didn't most of the left wing progressives within the Labour party think that was a bad thing?. Strange - given some of them are now attacking Sir Kier (see tweets from Warwick Labour branch for example) for his stance on this

Posted by diable rouge June 30, 07:38PM

There is a difference between the two though, The Tory cuts were just that. 'Defund the police' proposes cutting back on police costs and redistributing to community projects. I'm not advocating DTP as I think any cuts to the police is the last thing we need right now...

Posted by TheCat June 30, 07:44PM

diable rouge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a difference between the two though, The
> Tory cuts were just that. 'Defund the police'
> proposes cutting back on police costs and
> redistributing to community projects. I'm not
> advocating DTP as I think any cuts to the police
> is the last thing we need right now...

Yep. Totally agree there's a difference....im just (very unsubtley!) revisting my earlier point on this thread about the effectiveness of slogans in the context of BLM.....and how ineffective some of them are. Given BLM don't 'really' mean 'defund the police', they shouldn't really be surprised when people don't 'get it'!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 30, 07:45pm by TheCat.

Posted by seenbeen June 30, 08:58PM

One of the policies of the Trotskyite Workers' Revolutionary Party was to replace the police with a 'Workers' Militia'

Posted by JohnL July 01, 09:30AM

Premier League has more or less stated what Kier Starmer said so I expect that will become the standard line.

He seems to think things out so carefully and then Boris just calls him a flip flopping nincompoop (or something similar) at PMQs

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum