Its a minefield...

TheCat

eastdulwichavenger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is the vibe I get from this thread

Yeah that's right. Becuase a 'white guy' is asking questions we have to belittle and dismiss him, becuase he must just be a an 'oxygen theif', trying to wind people up.

How dare he have the nerve to question what we know to be true. The entitlement that he's showing is evidence that he's a bad, bad person.

Glad you agree.

This entire thread has just a been ploy for you to have a one-sided debate.

So I won't be replying anymore, because, let's face it, your views are never going to change because you won't allow it. Instead you wanted a space to have a fun, light-hearted debate, but when you're debating people's lives, its no longer fun or light-hearted.

But it's ok that you might not understand that because not everyone's perfect, it gives me hope for my current generation and how young people will change the future. But try to do better.

>

>

> So I won't be replying anymore,

Hahaha. So you make one post with a meme that someone else has written. And you think you are 'replying'. How will we ever manage without your peurile contribution?

And if its a 'one sided debate' then tell me what your issue is? And make it two sided. But evidence suggests that you have neither the intelligence or the fortitude to actually engage on the issue. You'd prefer to just wade in and have a go at me for reasons you clearly don't think you need to explain, becuase you're so caught up in your own self-righteousness to ever actually use any critical thought.

Totally spot on. Thanks so much. I love it when a clever meme sums things up so accurately. Even better when the person personified in the meme chimes back in with EXACTLY the response that the meme exemplified!

So brilliant. I feel like I can stop reading and feeling angry about this thread now

> This is the vibe I get from this thread

binkylilyput Wrote:

> Totally spot on. Thanks so much. I love it when a

> clever meme sums things up so accurately. Even

> better when the person personified in the meme

> chimes back in with EXACTLY the response that the

> meme exemplified!

>

> So brilliant. I feel like I can stop reading and

> feeling angry about this thread now

>

>

>

> eastdulwichavenger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > This is the vibe I get from this thread

dear oh dear. I feel so sorry for you.

I don't understand why people can feel they can let go of anger, or feel a meme can be "brilliant". When it only leaves divide. Its stereo typing, it does not help in bringing people together, yes there may be people who fit that template, does that mean assumptions can be made about people if they speak out about what they feel is causing divide. I don't know OP but I don't beieve he/she has brought up anything thats inflammatory. We do not know peoples individual lives.

I am worried how it is becoming the norm to not allow people to speak or differ.

Was it Bush that says, your either with us or your not. Leaving no room only sides.

KidKruger Wrote:

> It's cheap and lazy to meme-bomb a post. Limited

> thinking and a need to be antagonistic.

Yes- and no prizes for guessing who came up with that piece of cr*p, either. Everyone is being manipulated by the left and the antifa fascists for their own ends

unclglen - let's keep this simple. no diversions. no distractions.

Just one question = one answer.

OK ?

Question: Please advise "who came up with that piece of cr*p". It sounds like you know. I'm rubbish at guessing.

Answer: ?

uncleglen Wrote:

> KidKruger Wrote:

> -----

> > It's cheap and lazy to meme-bomb a post.

> Limited

> > thinking and a need to be antagonistic.

>

> Yes- and no prizes for guessing who came up with

> that piece of cr*p, either. Everyone is being

> manipulated by the left and the antifa fascists

> for their own ends

KidKruger Wrote:

> unclglen - let's keep this simple. no diversions.

> no distractions.

> Just one question = one answer.

> OK ?

>

> Question: Please advise "who came up with that

> piece of cr*p". It sounds like you know. I'm

> rubbish at guessing.

> Answer: ?

>

>

>

> uncleglen Wrote:

> -----

> > KidKruger Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > It's cheap and lazy to meme-bomb a post.

> > Limited

> > > thinking and a need to be antagonistic.

> >

> > Yes- and no prizes for guessing who came up

> with

> > that piece of cr*p, either. Everyone is being

> > manipulated by the left and the antifa fascists

> > for their own ends

I should have put 'Everyone' in capital letters- since the 'piece of cr*p' was obviously created by one of them.

I think Trump is right- they are a terrorist organisation.

Even the writer of this piece 8 lines down says they 'mostly' use nonviolence methods......wtf?

https://theconversation.com/what-or-who-is-antifa-140147

Sorry, joining the debate a little late. I was surprised about the reaction to the meme. It is only right that we question our beliefs and motives from time to time. I've jumped on ever bandwagon for decades - whether this was being trendy, a reaction to my fairly conservative upbringing and lack of local diversity, or innate being has become rather blurred.

I'd rather be a shallow thinking stereotypical liberal that some others in our society. Obviously I hope I am not shallow thinking.

But I live in a place that is less and less diverse, driven greatly by economics. A bizarre opposite of the white flight from central boroughs in decades after the war, as those not from money or not able to earn it can no longer afford to live in my manor. And with all the talk about diversity in my work place, we generally recruit sh.. hot Oxbridge graduates and that tend to be drawn from a relatively narrow section of society.

Whether the meme stuff was to provoke discussion, challenge beliefs, or just trilling is irrelevant in my view.

That said things have got so much better in my lifetime......

alice Wrote:

> What honestly is the point of this thread? It?s a

> fake discussion allowing a space for racist views.

> Any chance of it closing?

I think this thread on got to a point where it has become dog whistle links and memes becuase there was an inability of people to engage with others when they disagree on what are really minor issues (no racism is not a minor issue..I mean opinion about how best to tackle it)

The Lions share of people on this thread (including me as the OP) are clearly 'anti-rascist'....but there is disagreement on the narrative around how to discuss and achieve that. And some people see disagreement with anything that BLM says as evidence of racism.

You know it's a losing endeavour, when you get told that 'white silence is violence'.....then you engage, and get memes posted, saying white guys claiming to engage is another no no......

I think we can all find memes to support our views. But at the end of the day.....do the peopl who've denigrated me and this thread TRULY believe that MOST people (including me) are racist? Or are they parroting slogans?

DB....look I know that's the goal. Of course. And I know I'm painted as being anti that goal. But it's not just about me. How does this movement win over people who are 'anti-racist'....but don't like being told that they have no voice/are privileged etc?

Should we be academic or should we be practical?