Its a minefield...

TheCat

diable rouge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why do you need their confirmation? Just do it...

Becuase at the risk of sounding like a knob (too late).....I post this stuff becuase I want to know how people that disagree with me think......

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Uncleglen has a track record of dog whistling to a

> racist/ xenophobic agenda. But personally, I would

> rather he exposes himself so that others can

> challenge that. Sweeping it under the carpet does

> nothing to tackle racism.

I can honestly say that I have become xenophobic in the past two weeks....it could have been precipitated by the covid 19 situation compounded by the sheer hatred emanating from a section of society on the one hand complaining that they are at greater risk of the virus and then completely flouting lock down rules for the sake of violence and vandalism...you could not make it up.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2020/06/nationwide-protests-led-spike-coronavirus-cases-200608052743621.html

From what I've seen, that particular ship sailed some time ago.

uncleglen Wrote:

>

> I can honestly say that I have become xenophobic

> in the past two weeks....

what about the "statue-protectors", what section of society are they from ?

uncleglen Wrote:

> Blah Blah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Uncleglen has a track record of dog whistling to

> a

> > racist/ xenophobic agenda. But personally, I

> would

> > rather he exposes himself so that others can

> > challenge that. Sweeping it under the carpet

> does

> > nothing to tackle racism.

>

> I can honestly say that I have become xenophobic

> in the past two weeks....it could have been

> precipitated by the covid 19 situation compounded

> by the sheer hatred emanating from a section of

> society on the one hand complaining that they are

> at greater risk of the virus and then completely

> flouting lock down rules for the sake of violence

> and vandalism...you could not make it up.

> https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2020

> /06/nationwide-protests-led-spike-coronavirus-case

> s-200608052743621.html

The whole backlash against historical slavery is a bit weird in my mind, yes slavery was wrong, but before we try to rewrite history maybe we should attempt to fix modern slavery first as its happening here and now.

The people working off their passage to the UK in places like nail / eyebrow shops and restaurants. The people working in sweat shops abroad to supply us with cheap clothes, trainers and products. The people forces to act as sex workers after being brought to the UK.....

There are so many "modern" slave trades that we as a proactive caring nation need to tackle first before trying to deny that our history (good or bad) happened.

Or do people think its okay to pay lip service to historic slave trading but turn a blind eye to modern forms because it saves them money (which bizarrely is what the original slave trading promised people all those years ago)

Just my rainy day musings but it does open up a question on people's attitude towards slavery.

I still think of the africa to west indies and america slave trade as something completely different due to the scale of it and the inhumanity. I'd compare to genocides rather than modern slavery - which we still should be tackling - as a developed country we should be capable of doing more than one thing at once.

Exactly! And things like this https://www.facebook.com/1232692743483053/posts/3038244712927838/?vh=e should be taught in schools so that the next generation doesn?t adopt the same burying their heads in the sand as the current and previous generations tactic.

JohnL Wrote:

> I still think of the africa to west indies and

> america slave trade as something completely

> different due to the scale of it and the

> inhumanity. I'd compare to genocides rather than

> modern slavery - which we still should be tackling

> - as a developed country we should be capable of

> doing more than one thing at once.

Sephiroth Wrote:

> ?In the last two weeks?

>

> Marvellous

You are probably alluding to the factually correct examples of what is going on in the UK and outside of the ED bubble where communities and individuals have been affected by uncontrolled movement of very cheap labour undercutting the wages of tradesmen etc in poor areas. These facts and examples were the truth and given your fanatical Remainer stance, along with others on here, decided to twist the facts and my reporting of them and call me names. Anyway, as the election in December showed, more people are adversely affected by the social experiment that is the EU and voted accordingly.

Anyway, to quote 'the truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth'

And Blah Blah your list of links included that disgusting twister of truth and liar by omission the BBC so I would not look at them on principle.

Here's another youtube of people not afraid to discuss things in an even-handed way (in my opinion- yours will probably differ markedly since you still haven't got over the Brexit result)

I live nowhere near the ED or even London bubble. My local MP is a hardcore ERG

Thanks for the insight into the more presentable end of the youtube weirdness you subject yourself to

I'm not alluding to anything - I'm saying for YEARS on here you have been persistently posting dog-whistle racist crap

You are correct - I haven't gotten over the Brexit result because it's a folly, led my imbeciles who, even if leaving were a good idea, would still cock it up.

The fact that Leave is seen as a good idea by Uncle, for the reasons he states, should be enough to warn any sensible person of just how misguided it is.

If you find yourself on the same side of anything as Unc why wouldn't you question it?

And that is precisely what I mean about letting Uncle expose himself. Eco warriors, G4 protestors and others have been daubing statues forever and a day. But when black protest groups do it? All hell breaks out. Similarly, scuffles at protests are nothing new, especially around Downing Street. Where is Uncle's outrage every time Tommy Robinson supporters kick off? Not a peep.

As for UK wages being undercut, that has been going on for decades, as manufacturing and a host of other sectors have been lost to other countries and robots, that can produce what we need cheaper. He like all of us has benefited from affordable technology which millions of people from different ethnic groups work to make for barely enough to get by on. He thinks leaving the EU will change all of that. He doesn't understand that trying to replace EU trade with trade from equivalent in size market places like China and India is going to mean even more jobs undercut. And the higher value goods that we do make for the EU market, will be lost, as the owners of those businesses move their operations back within the EU. We really could be facing a future where we lose car manufacturing. But Uncle does not care one jot about those reasonably well paid jobs, to be replaced with what exactly?

Founder of the guardian John Edward Taylor...COTTON merchant...so he was a beneficiary of slavery, press-ganged sailors, white slaves picked from London work houses and taken to work in northern mills- children as young as 3 years...(and the latter type of abomination was around until the LATE 19th century)

And as for Tommy Robinson - he was treated appallingly for telling the truth. See the Oxford Union address

Here's a nice instructional video for you all

Tommy Robinson is a rabble rousing hooligan. Truth is not his strong point, nor is any respect for the law.

That you respond to being called out for who you really are by posting a link to a Tommy video, says it all. You really are the gift that keeps giving Uncle.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Tommy Robinson is a rabble rousing hooligan. Truth

> is not his strong point, nor is any respect for

> the law.

>

> That you respond to being called out for who you

> really are by posting a link to a Tommy video,

> says it all. You really are the gift that keeps

> giving Uncle.

The video was an Oxford University Union video that he was invited to address...at least they haven't shut down dialogue- yet!

AND don't you think we have all been sucked into a situation formulated by the likes of Kehinde Andrews (for crying out loud compare the 'what we do' page of the OBU to Mein Kampf...!) and Robin Diangelo, to actually perceive our white selves as racist?

And does anyone, apart from me, consider that the cops shirked their duty and deliberately ignored, and even justified in some cases, the criminal damage and the tearing down of statues in order that the so-called far-right would be dragged into the mayhem and the spotlight would then be on them the following week?

In a discussion with that well-know communist Aaron Bastani, Kehinde Andrews actually refers to the 'imagined' white working class- He actually did the hand thing for the quotes btw.

at 13:15 ish.

I was sickened by his justification of criminal damage personally.

And George Orwell wrote a warning- not a bloody road map!

Surely you are not comparing Aaron Bastani, whose only crime is holding a very left wing perspective, to someone who has literally done time for assault and hooliganism Uncle? Giving a speech, at the Oxford Union does not suddenly make Tommy Robinson credible. He is still a law breaking rabble rouser who thinks giving someone a thump at the drop of a hat is acceptable!