Midwife-led group antenatal course for spring babies 2016

Dear parents-to-be,

Are you expecting your baby between April and mid May?

Are you looking for antenatal classes run by an experienced and practising midwife? A course to prepare you for labour, birth and early days with your baby and where you can meet other local parents expecting around your dates?

I am a midwife with many years of experience and I run midwife-led antenatal group courses; these are informative but informal, research and experience-based, fun and dynamic, a space where you can have your questions answered from a non-judgmental point of view and meet a lovely group of other local expectant parents. The course content is as follows:

Wednesday February 10th 2016: process of labour, how labour unfolds

Wednesday February 17th 2016: coping strategies and medical pain relief options

Wednesday February 24th 2016: when birth does not go to plan, ventouse, forceps and elective or emergency c-section

Wednesday March 2nd 2016: recovering from birth and life with a newborn baby, what to expect

Wednesday March 9th 2016: early days with baby, practicalities such as swaddling, bathing, nappies, soothing a crying baby

Wednesday March 16th 2016: feeding your newborn baby

Classes run over 6 consecutive Thursday from 7pm to 9pm. The venue is the private room at the Lordhsip Pub, 211 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich.

Getting to know the other couples in the group is very important, hence, during the course I organise two social events with the whole group, another one when the course is over and a final reunion with parents and babies.

The whole course, material and phone/email support throughout these weeks cost 240?, to pay upfront or in small installments, as it is more convenient for you.

If you were interested contact me for an informal chat at 07935435903, PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

For further details about the courses, contents, dates and FAQ please check my website at:

http://www.ariadnasole.com

Please read my previous posts and comments from previous attendees at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1482443,1518716#msg-1518716

I also organise courses for second time parents, please check my website for dates and availability.

Looking forward to hearing from you, enjoy your bumps,

Ariadna Sole & Nicky Harris

www.ariadnasole.com

07598 293 625

• 2 weeks later...

It is always great to read such lovely comments!

'Ariadna Sole - she runs Birth,Bump and Beyond http://www.ariadnasole.com . I ummed and ahhed about whether to do ante natal classes, and am so relieved that we found her. She runs friendly, relaxed classes in a pub (ensures the partners are happy), is full of practical advice and help, has great knowledge of the local hospitals/midwives and goes the extra mile to provide support during and after the Big Event. Highly recommended'. comment link:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1595682,1595682#msg-1595682

Only few spaces available on February/March course, to learn about labour, birth and plenty on postnatal (from recovery to change nappies to bathing babies!!). it is also a perfect place to meet other couples expecting around the same dates as you!

I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our antenatal classes with Ariadna. She has loads of practical tips and a very open-minded approach to birth so you feel that whatever happens on the day will be ok....even if your hopes of a natural birth don't go to plan! It's a relaxed environment so you feel comfortable asking questions and the partners are equally involved.

The best thing about doing the classes, however, has been the brilliant group of people that we met. All us mums get together every week for tea and cake and chat about how the little ones are getting on. It's invaluable to have a support group with people going through the same thing at the same time. And the fact that we get along so well is a big bonus!

I was initially unsure whether to splash out on antenatal classes when there was so much stuff to get for the baby's arrival - but it has definitely been worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend this course. Ariadna is fabulous, she knows her stuff and is extremely articulate.She has provided us with invaluable information which we hope to be able to put to good use in the forthcoming months. She got straight to the issues and was able to answer all of our questions and concerns in a non judgmental manner. Ariadna was accompanied by another midwife, Nikki, who was equally as knowledgable, personable and approachable.

The classes were held in the Lordship Pub which helped to provide a relaxing environment. The course content was balanced with the first three sessions focusing on labour and birth and the last three sessions covering the first few weeks after the birth.

In terms of the social aspect, Ariadna organised a group meal after our second session and another after our last. She also encouraged us to create up a whatsapp group and organised a night out for the mums and a separate one for the partners. This has allowed the group to form a bond quite quickly. Hopefully this will carry on once we have had our babies and will provide an invaluable network of people to rely on when the going gets tough! I honestly cannot recommend this course enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I can also say how great Ariadna is...I was only sad that she couldn't offer care during labour as I found it hard to relate what she had taught us to what was advised at hospital.

For those of you who are still expecting your babies, I would suggest locating a midwife/group of midwives who can support a low-tech labour.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I thought it would be good to introduce myself as I joined Ariadna at Bump, Birth and Beyond in November 15.

My name is Nicky Harris and I am also a midwife with 27 years experience and will be running the same course as Ari has developed over the past 4 years. We used to work together and it's great to work together once more.

Please look at our website www.ariadnasole.com for more information about ourselves and the course we offer.

I am also a lactation consultant (IBCLC) and can come to your home for breastfeeding support. In addition I work with Neighbourhood midwives and I offer full midwifery postnatal care. This is great if you would like to be looked after as soon as you have had your baby by a known midwife and have 7 visits by an experienced midwife in the first 10-14 days!!

If you would like more information do email me on [email protected]. More info on neighbourhoodmidwives.org.uk

I also offer full midwifery care for a few women each year. Again please contact me to discuss further.

I hope to meet some of you in our future courses this year!

NB Feb/March course now full but still 2 spaces for April/May. Please see website for more details.

Archived