Jessop / St Saviours Primaries- any views?

Hi all, we live in Brixton and considering a move to Lowden Road in Herne Hill. We have a 2.5yo and a 3 day old (!) and our nearest primaries would be Jessop (about 10m away) and St Saviours (very happy to attend church and would be keen to do so anyway). I?ve read everything I can find online about both but would welcome any current parent views, knowing or course that things can change in 3 years. PM if easier. Thank you!

Hi there,

Congratulations on the new baby!

We have children at St saviour?s and love it. It is a lovely, caring community where everybody knows everybody and the older children really look out for the younger ones. It has close links with the church and the Christian ethos is strong. We?ve been impressed by how well the teachers seem to know our children and are very happy with their progress, so no complaints at all. I?ve been impressed by the music too - lots of concerts and performances for such a little school.

Both primary schools have good results, although I seem to remember around 6/7 years ago St Saviour's had an inadequate ofsted report but most parents I knew who had a child there were happy with it.

With St Saviour's I don't think it's a case of a family being prepared to attend church to get into the school. Their admissions policy over the years is quite strict if you don't attend a Christian church. 8/10 families living close by or have other needs are given priority.

Thanks both so much for your replies. Passiflora- we've only just returned to the UK after a number of years overseas and so once we've settled we'll be looking to join a church anyway, not expecting to to just say that we are willing :-)

CaraJ- great to hear that you are happy with the school. A happy, close-knit community sounds perfect and we would be within easy walking distance. Maybe meet you before too long! Thanks again.