Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk

www.hensonsecurity.com

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageEthical car wash recommendations
Posted by GeorginaLP December 02, 10:27AM

Hi, does anyone know of a good ethical car wash in the neighbourhood? Iím worried about modern slavery and donít know where to take my car. Thanks

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Jules-and-Boo December 02, 11:04AM

Carwashes and other services are lowly paid. Tip your attendant, ad you would your waiter or hairdresser.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher December 02, 01:36PM

There is a CofE car wash app you can download from this site:

[www.theclewerinitiative.org]

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by ed_pete December 02, 01:37PM

If you're that bothered then maybe clean it yourself ?

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by nivag December 02, 04:05PM

ed_pete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're that bothered then maybe clean it
> yourself ?


Not everyone has easy access to water or a convenient place to wash a car.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by ed26 December 02, 04:31PM

The car wash at Sainsbury's / Champion Hill has always been great for me - friendly, helpful staff and a good job, but I've just seen this thread: [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Worth keeping an eye out for schools / charities / local sports groups doing fundraising car washes.

Or get a mobile valet company out and support a local business.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by SpringTime December 02, 04:54PM

nivag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ed_pete Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you're that bothered then maybe clean it
> > yourself ?
>
>
> Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> convenient place to wash a car.

Are you in Mauritania? The labour's cheaper than the mineral water.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Jules-and-Boo December 02, 05:58PM

They get paid a day rate and if it's quiet they're sent home without pay. They get to keep any tips, so please don't take advantage of them

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by sillywoman December 04, 06:15PM

nivag Wrote:

>
> Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> convenient place to wash a car.

Seriously? Bucket. Tap. Sponge. Car parked in road/street. Job done.
Honestly - words fail me.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by KalamityKel December 05, 06:29AM

sillywoman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nivag Wrote:
>
> >
> > Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> > convenient place to wash a car.
>
> Seriously? Bucket. Tap. Sponge. Car parked in
> road/street. Job done.
> Honestly - words fail me.

Ditto

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by binkylilyput December 05, 01:00PM

People who are rudely saying "do it yourself"....get a grip.

We all pay for other people to do services for us and also do jobs that provide services for other people. That's what makes the world go round.

Ever bought a sandwich rather than make one yourself?

Besides, some people may have physical reasons why washing their car could be difficult or impossible.

And even if they don't, they want someone to do a perfectly normal job for them.

Are you seriously having a go?!

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by KalamityKel December 06, 11:00AM

binkylilyput Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who are rudely saying "do it
> yourself"....get a grip.
>
> We all pay for other people to do services for us
> and also do jobs that provide services for other
> people. That's what makes the world go round.
>
> Ever bought a sandwich rather than make one
> yourself?
>
> Besides, some people may have physical reasons why
> washing their car could be difficult or
> impossible.
>
> And even if they don't, they want someone to do a
> perfectly normal job for them.
>
> Are you seriously having a go?!

Probably the same reason you are - it's ridiculous. simple

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by binkylilyput December 06, 01:02PM

Someone looking for an ethical car wash sounds applaudable to me, not ridiculous


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum