ADT alarm company

rrm1

Type in google ADT reviews. Not good. They do a cheap installation but then tie you into a 3 year contract with monthly payments. It works out expensive. Plus I've heard if you have a problem it is hard to get them to help. My advice is to go on the NSI website to find a NACOSS approved company.

(Alternatively, check out Wickham Security)

They installed the alarm that was fitted in my house in ED. When I bought the house the alarm was out of contract and I didn't know the code etc. Having got ADT round to get the alarm up and running again they basically quoted an extortionate sum as it was 'out of contract'. I didn't think it worth paying more than a new alarm would cost so asked for a price to remove - another extortionate sum quoted.

Totally felt as though thought they had me over a barrel. Didn't use them and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

• 2 years later...

Avoid Impulse Security, very condescending bunch to say the least. They will have you indeed over a barrel as it is how their business seems to operate.

They will collect maintenance money every year for "outdated (obsolete) equipment that they cannot support" (quoted). I am not sure why they are charging an elderly person a maintenance fees then? And they will then charge on top of that a call-out fee so they can type a 4 digit code to restart the system -- is that not plain daylight burglary.

Furthermore, I was told by one of their engineer that they use the same reset/engineer code with every alarms they maintain. Seriously! So being a client (or just having their logo fronting your property) bring potentially more risk especially if that common password is public knowledge (leaked)...

Avoid ADT like the plague. They managed to tie us in to a three year contract on an existing alarm system that we'd already paid to install a few years previously. Certainly we take some blame for relying on the word of the sales person rather than reading the small print, but they are a bunch of cowboys.

The problem is that I haven't found a company for alarm install and servicing that won't tie you in to an expensive monthly contract. My insurance requires my alarm to be serviced once a year, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be all ears.

Agree with alex_b.

We use APT in Beckenham. I chose them after reading reviews on the forum and abit of my own research.

Alarm seems good for our requirement and service is fast and efficient. Only pay for the yearly service fee where they come and test the system and replace all the batteries.

https://www.aptsecurity.co.uk/

• 3 years later...