Posts about Le Chandelier, East Dulwich

• Administrator

Le Chandelier on Lordship Lane gets some bad reviews on here and rather than answer their critics as some other successful establishments have done they have sent us the following:

"From this point onwards we would like you to remove all posts relating to our business good or bad. We would like this to be carried on indefinitely. As such we want any mention or insinuation regarding Le Chandelier as a business to be removed immediately from the East Dulwich Forum. The community is fully aware how to give feedback to us so we ask you to carry this out."

Please respect this and if you have any comments about them please contact them directly [email protected]

If you see any posts about them please report them so we can remove them.

Here is the "Full Press Release" forwarded to us, as it is a press release we assume it's for public posting:

Hello East Dulwich Forum

I am writing this post on behalf of the Le Chandelier as we feel and I speak for all current staff, suppliers and business associates that the accusations made by (user's name removed) are unfounded and made out of spite surrounding the circumstances of the termination of her employment at Le Chandelier.

Le Chandelier follows all matters of employment and health and safety to the letter of the law. If any applying member of staff would like to discuss or review this we invite them to come in and ask for full details.

As a business, we take criticism from our customers and staff very seriously and welcome ongoing feedback from the wider community. There is a full spectrum of reviews across the various critical websites that discuss Le Chandelier?s various merits and difficulties and we at the company all take these on board and where appropriate try to grow in areas where customers and staff feel we need improvement.

What we as a business will not tolerate are libelous postings that are not based in fact and made out of spite because of the circumstances that surround an individual. We are not responsible for poorly conceived ideas of what potential employees believe to be their skill set. Le Chandelier has high standards for its staff and unfortunately some candidates and trainees do not meet these.

The same applies to criticism that is based on name calling and posts about staff which is unflattering and personal to say the least. By all means criticize us if you do not feel we are doing what we should be but, firstly tell us [email protected] and secondly do it in a way that allows the business to learn from any mistakes it is making, not by calling names and being childish.

In terms of staffing, Le Chandelier has a large number of established members of staff whom have grown within the business and worked with us for some time. We have even had members of staff come back and indeed family members come and work for us. Staff is included in the running of the establishment and is consulted. Le Chandelier?s management and let me assure you all that there is one, is stretched like any small business however this differs from employment by chains where there is little carrier progression and the chance to grow their skill base. There are definitely opportunities for all staff at Le Chandelier given the right attitude and amount of hard work.

We are not going to go into detail surrounding comments about suppliers and practices around production in the restaurant in this however we again invite questions. Please do not hesitate to email us here [email protected]

We will hence fourth be asking the administrator to remove past and all future posts regarding our establishment from this Forum, this is not again because we as a business do not want dialogue from the community but moreover that we feel that this forum is only used by those who want to express their grievances in an unconstructive and vindictive way.

We look forward to seeing you again at Le Chandelier and would welcome any feedback you have, good or bad so that we can continue to improve our product.

Thanks

Le Chandelier

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

As there has been an update in the law http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/26/contents the onus is on the individual so you are free to post comments about businesses. This does not mean you can just come on here and slag them off, cast doubt on their legal credibility or suggest they perform illegal acts.

We will still act on individual complaints when appropriate and the forum's not to be used defame businesses. We will handover user's details to authorities when asked.