Found negatives on Oxenford Road

d2a

Walking down Oxenford Road at corner of Coplestone Road on Monday, I saw a pile of house clearance rubbish, furniture etc.

A negative envelope caught my eye and when I looked closer there were perhaps a couple of dozen old negatives in a very sorry state - corroded, damp, and stuck together. I managed to clean some of them up and scanned them in and I've posted them on flickr at https://flic.kr/s/aHski33sjD

Some interesting shots of East Street, SE17, Brighton, and some sort of coach trip holiday which looked like a lot of fun. Anyone who has any ideas of who they may have belonged to, where the pictures are of, or any extra info, let me know...

d2a Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Walking down Oxenford Road at corner of Coplestone

> Road on Monday, I saw a pile of house clearance rubbish, furniture etc.

I emailed [email protected] about that lot, one of the worst I've seen at that perennial dumping spot, last Sunday the 27th, enclosing some photographs. I trust it's been cleared by now? There was also some old correspondence there linking at least the domestic rubbish to a Copleston Road address that seemed to have been, at least in 2014, a council property.

PS d2a, thanks for just posting the URL rather than displaying them all in the thread.