Helping other neighbours through the Coronavirus

During the past week I've helped a couple of elderly neighbours with shopping etc. I've known them for years but when I phoned one of them this morning to arrange delivery they mentioned their own children had not been visiting them and it made me think about my role in helping them? During this time I've only dropped the bits off at doorstep and stood away from them.

Both neighbours mentioned their own sons and daughters had not visited.

I've been trying to get food for my elderly neighbours who are self isolating. They're too afraid to go out to the supermarket for the special older people hour. Does anyone know if there's anyway of getting home delivery for them. The supermarkets I've tried are all booked up. I'm not able to get everything they need at the moment from the shops.

Some supermarkets are allowing the elderly first access to delivery slots, so hopefully they will start to have more options..

If it's italian, spanish, french or Portuguese i can try and help translate or explain.. But I'm guessing it might be a less common language.

Thanks Finderloo - they're Turkish Cypriots. Their son drove over today with supplies, they're well stocked up for now.

Thanks James - the link on that site for accessing support doesn't work - do you know if they're still running that service? I'll try emailing them

fayebarrett Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That looks great, bsand. Unfortunately there

> doesn?t seem to be an East Dulwich one?

The Goose Green Mutual Aid website is imminent! In the meantime, folks can sign up for help here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ezG8bLmtM0RjuzfgWsxVRZ60jt0PzLVPxQnbW0eZXrs

& mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/gWKFyT