We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.eastdulwichcarpetcleaning.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageMet police briefings up dated daily
Posted by bob March 25, 07:22PM

I now receive a daily briefing from the Metropolitan police re updates on the Corona virus the information is straight from the Metropolitan police daily briefing Have now been advised might not be daily
Bob S
Up and running now scroll down

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit was today, 12:49pm by bob.

messageRe: Met police briefings Thanks to all the volunteersattachment
Posted by IlonaM March 25, 07:44PM

Posted on behalf of bob

Briefing note – 24/03/2020 - Attached as pdf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was march 30, 03:55pm by IlonaM.

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 24 Mar 2020.pdf (17.7KB)  
messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 25/03/20attachment
Posted by IlonaM March 25, 09:15PM

Attached as pdf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was march 27, 07:10am by IlonaM.

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 25 Mar 2020.pdf (18.2KB)  
messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 26/03/20attachment
Posted by IlonaM March 26, 02:46PM

Posted on behalf of bob.

Below:
- Crime Prevention advice for empty commercial premises - see ianr's post below on 26th March
- Briefing for 26th March - attached as pdf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was march 30, 03:54pm by IlonaM.

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 26 Mar 2020.pdf (20.1KB)  
messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily
Posted by seemster March 26, 02:56PM

Thanks for sharing these bob - could you tell me what to do to receive the emails myself please?

Posted by bob March 26, 04:08PM

PM SENT

Posted by Administrator March 26, 04:24PM

Hi Bob

Thanks, these are really useful but really hard to read e.g. we're not sure where they start or end. Can anyone post them here so they're formatted?

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by ianr March 26, 04:42PM

Is this any better? Sorry; delted again pro tem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 26, 04:43pm by ianr.

Posted by dbboy March 26, 06:15PM

It's not that they are not formatted, its also that they ramble on for so long and in places repeat. Would have thought the Police have much more important things to do than produce such long prose.

Posted by bob March 26, 07:20PM

Admin rather than continue the thread would it be better to have a new post every day

Posted by bob March 26, 07:34PM

Or delete older post after 2 days

messageRe: Met police briefings up dated dailyattachment
Posted by ianr March 26, 08:08PM

A rough and ready conversion HTML->PDF (using free CutePDF Writer ... hint, hint) attached which makes it a bit easier to read.

Also attached is the attachment mentioned in it, Empty Commercial Premises Advice. It was 709 kB when received. I've reprinted it and it came down to 157 kB. I trust it's otherwise unchanged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 26, 08:14pm by ianr.

Attachments: Briefing Note - COVID19 - 26_03_2020.pdf (27.9KB)   Metropolitan Police - Empty Commercial Premises Advice.pdf (156.4KB)  
Posted by Administrator March 26, 08:24PM

Thanks ianr

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by bob March 27, 12:49PM

Yes thanks Ianr makes it much easier to read

Bob S

messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 27/03/20 - part 1attachment
Posted by IlonaM March 27, 03:05PM

Good afternoon

Please find below today’s Covid19 briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove. Also attached are 3 documents; the first two relate to advice for business owners and the third is a letter around possible Covid19 scams.

This weekend will see extra officers on patrol across Southwark to engage with the public and enforce the lockdown where appropriate. We will be focusing on parks and open spaces as we’ve had a number of reports of anti-social behaviour and gatherings in these areas. We’re also working closely with the local authority to identify and close any businesses that should not be open.

Thank you for your continued support and be safe.

Owen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 30, 03:51pm by IlonaM.

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 27 Mar 2020.pdf (38.2KB)   Business Crime Hub - Covid Advice.pdf (291.8KB)  
messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 27/03/20 - part 2attachment
Posted by IlonaM March 27, 03:07PM

Remaining attachments to today's briefing

1) Coronavirus scams letter

Attachments: Coronavirus scams letter.pdf (457.8KB)  
messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 27/03/20 - part 3attachment
Posted by IlonaM March 27, 03:12PM

Remaining attachments to today's briefing:

2) NBCC COVID-19 letter (Word doc converted to pdf)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 27, 03:25pm by IlonaM.

Attachments: NBCC COVID-19 Letter.pdf (85.3KB)  
Posted by bob March 27, 03:25PM

Thanks IlonaM this is far better

messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 29/03/20
Posted by IlonaM March 30, 12:46PM

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 29/03/2020 - NB Briefing note for 29 March deleted as released by mistake (see below 30th March)

Good morning

Please find today’s briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove. No briefing note was issued over the weekend.

We have had some messages about police officers being seen not to observe social distancing while on patrol. While police will try their best to observe this, the reality is that the way in which we deploy (in minibuses) and the calls to which we deploy (large groups causing issues; violent incidents) means this is not always possible. I have reminded local teams to observe this where able to but please do not be alarmed if you see groups of police officers together. We will always observe social distancing when talking to members of the public unless we are required to get closer (for example for a search or arrest).

Regards
Owen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was march 30, 03:53pm by IlonaM.

messageRe: Met police briefings up dated dailyattachment
Posted by IlonaM March 30, 03:20PM

Date: 30/03/2020 2:20 pm (GMT+00:00)
To:
Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 30/03/2020

Dear all, please accept my apologies – the incorrect briefing note was circulated this morning. I’m also advised the formatting of the earlier email went wrong for some reason!

Please find today’s briefing note below.

Regards

Owen

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 30 Mar 2020.pdf (65.3KB)  
Posted by bob Yesterday, 01:02PM

I have received No Met Police Briefing for 31/3/20
Bob S

messageRe: Met police briefings up dated daily - briefing for 01/04/20attachment
Posted by IlonaM Yesterday, 03:29PM

Date: 01/04/2020 3:15 pm (GMT+00:00)
To:
Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 01/04/2020

Dear all,

Please find attached the most recent COVID19 briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove. I was advised that the last one formatted so it was all underlined. I’ve tried to ensure that doesn’t happen this time – apologies if it happens again.

Please note that going forward there may not be a briefing note every day. However when there are updates they will be compiled into a briefing note and sent out to you.

Kind regards

Owen

Attachments: Met Briefing Note 01 Apr 2020.pdf (61.9KB)   little-booklet-of-phone-scams.pdf (335.4KB)  

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum