Met police briefings up dated daily

bob

Note from IlonaM: Screenshot hasn't come through to my email. Have attached as PDF taken directly as posted on Nextdoor website. Ilona

Date: 06/04/2020 5:54 pm (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 06/04/2020

Good evening

Please find attached the most recent briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove.

I?ve also attached a screenshot of an update I posted on Nextdoor today.

If the briefing note has come through underlined and is difficult to read, please see the attached PDF document.

Thank you for your continued support and compliance with the lockdown.

Owen

Date: 08/04/2020 8:55 am (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 07/04/2020

Good morning

Please find below the most recent briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove. I also attach a PDF copy in case formatting in the email goes awry. It came out late last night so I didn?t pick it up till this morning, hence why it is dated yesterday but only being circulated today.

This week I?ve spoken to Southwark News about our policing approach in the borough. If you?re interested in reading the article it can be found here: https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/man-fined-coronavirus-lockdown-city-hall/

Have a good week and be safe.

Owen

Date: 09/04/2020 10:42 am (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 09/04/2020

Good morning

Please find attached today?s briefing note from BCU Commander C/Supt Colin Wingrove. Also attached is a PDF copy in case of formatting errors.

Kind regards

Owen

Note from IlonaM: The children's book attached to Owen's email is too large to attach (6.4MB). Has anyone got any suggestions please how to distribute? Many thanks.

Date: 14/04/2020 11:51 am (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: FW: COVID19 Briefing Note - 11/04/2020

Good morning

Apologies for the delay in circulating this weekend?s briefing note out; I took a few days of leave so wasn?t checking my emails.

The weekend was certainly busy for officers on patrol with many people moved on from parks and open spaces. Unfortunately one of my PCs was punched in the face by a male on Borough High Street, who has subsequently been charged with assaulting an emergency work. Officers also arrested a male who had been seen exposing himself in a park in SE17.

I attach the briefing note in PDF copy in case of formatting errors. I also attach Coronavirus: A Book For Children which looks interesting and may be of use.

Have a good week.

Owen

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > Note from IlonaM: The children's book

> > attached to Owen's email is too large

> > to attach (6.4MB). Has anyone got any

> > suggestions please how to distribute?

>

> It's available here:

> https://nosycrow.com/blog/released-today-free-info

> rmation-book-explaining-coronavirus-children-illus

> trated-gruffalo-illustrator-axel-scheffler/.

Excellent. Thanks ianr.

Date: 15/04/2020 9:28 pm (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: Domestic violence during COVID

Good evening,

There is no briefing note today. However you may have seen news headlines in the last few days reporting on an increase in domestic violence since the Covid lockdown began.

The Met Police are doing a lot of work to address this issue, one element of which is a poster campaign. We?ve been given the posters attached in this email to circulate in the community. Local teams will be distributing them where they are able to.

However I kindly ask for community support with this as well. If you have access to a printer and any noticeboards in your estate or local area, please could you put up copies of these posters where you can. It may help someone who doesn?t know where to turn or feels they aren?t able to get any support in the current situation.

Thank you very much.

Owen

Inspector Owen Pyle

Inspector | Neighbourhood Policing | Southwark | Central South BCU

Peckham Police Station, 177 Peckham High Street, London, SE15 5SL

Twitter: @OwenPyleInsp

Date: 18/04/2020 12:42 pm (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 17/04/2020

Dear all

Please find attached last night?s local COVID19 briefing note from BCU Commander Colin Wingrove.

Have a pleasant weekend

Owen

Date: 20/04/2020 11:59 am (GMT+00:00)

To:

Cc: [email protected]

Subject: Update on Southwark neighbourhood inspector role

Update for community contacts

Hello all.

I just wanted to provide a quick update as to the inspector role on Southwark safer neighbourhoods.

At the end of this week I leave Southwark to move onto a new role within the Met. I?ve been on Southwark for almost two and a half years and have really enjoyed the challenges that the borough has presented ? there?s certainly never a dull moment here!

With this in mind after this week you will no longer receive briefing notes or community newsletters from me. My replacement, who I have copied into this email, is Inspector Tom Cornish. He has significant experience in neighbourhood policing, having spent a number of years working as a neighbourhood sergeant in Lambeth, and has most recently been a duty inspector on Southwark so knows the borough well.

Tom starts in the role from Monday 4th May. Next week you will receive briefing notes from one of the ward sergeants who will be covering for the week. However after Friday, please direct anything that would have been sent to me through to Tom, who will do his best to answer or put you in touch with the right person.

I?d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and assistance. I know many of you have been working in your local areas for many years; without people like yourselves we would often struggle to reach some of our communities and be unable to deal with the issues and problems that they face. We greatly appreciate your hard work and support ? we certainly couldn?t do our jobs with you.

Be safe. It?s been a pleasure.

Owen

Inspector Owen Pyle

Inspector | Neighbourhood Policing | Southwark | Central South BCU

Peckham Police Station, 177 Peckham High Street, London, SE15 5SL

Twitter: @OwenPyleInsp

Date: 24/04/2020 3:40 pm (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 24/04/2020

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope that this email finds you safe and well. I am Acting Inspector in the interim between Mr Pyle moving to pastures new and Mr Cornish beginning the week after next.

Please find below the briefing note for Friday 24th April. If you have any enquiries, please direct these to your local SNT ward teams.

Many thanks and have a lovely weekend. Stay safe.

Becky

IlonaM Wrote:

> Date: 24/04/2020 3:40 pm (GMT+00:00)

> To:

> Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 24/04/2020

>

> Good afternoon everyone,

>

> I hope that this email finds you safe and well. I

> am Acting Inspector in the interim between Mr Pyle

> moving to pastures new and Mr Cornish beginning

> the week after next.

>

> Please find below the briefing note for Friday

> 24th April. If you have any enquiries, please

> direct these to your local SNT ward teams.

>

> Many thanks and have a lovely weekend. Stay

> safe.

>

>

> Becky

The Met briefing note says to report speeding or dangerous driving as soon as possible, but would that be considered as warranting a 999 call? I wouldn't have thought so? How would "dangerous driving" be defined?

I take the commaless "speeding or driving dangerously" to mean speeding dangerously or driving dangerously. Something that looks dangerously risky and is ongoing. As the note says "High-risk driving results in serious injuries and fatalities." I only remember seeing one such instance in ED in many years, and one a couple of miles north, that had me off my bike. The 'boy racers' mentioned here today sound like another one. The CPS guidance on charging with dangerous driving is at https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/road-traffic-charging. It includesThe offence of dangerous driving under s.2 RTA 1988 is committed when a person's standard of driving falls far below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver and it would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving in that way would be dangerous....There is no statutory definition of what is meant by "far below" but "dangerous" must refer to danger of personal injury or of serious damage to property ? s.2A(3) RTA 1988;

FWIW, the last time I looked at the annual national survey of road speeds, which I mentioned somewhere here, AFAIR average speeds were typically a little above the speed limit. That's not to say the limit isn't probably acting as a useful behaviour shaper.

Sue Wrote:

> Thank you IlonaM for posting that, but how

> depressing that all this is needed 😢

Hi Sue,

I'm just the middleman!! Bob has organised it all.

It's an excellent resource and hopefully will reach those who need it.

Date: 04/05/2020 10:50 am (GMT+00:00)

To:

Subject: COVID19 Briefing Note - 01/05/2020

Good morning all,

I trust that you all had a wonderful weekend.

Please see the below the most recent briefing note.

Thank you for all your emails and enquiries.

From tomorrow I will be returning to my ?day job? as Mr Cornish starts as East side Safer Neighbourhood Inspector.

Many thanks

Becky