We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageBelair Park - Covid Testing today
Posted by beansprout June 15, 11:40AM

Was passing earlier today and saw this up and running for those who are looking locally.

Admin, sorry if not allowed but thought might be useful for people.

No idea if they will be around for rest of week.

messageRe: Belair Park - Covid Testing today
Posted by Clutterqueen June 15, 10:27PM

I drove past around two weeks ago and noticed the Belair car park was being used as a Covid testing place.

Posted by mary123 June 30, 08:04AM

Testing Tuesday (today)10:30 -3:30pm

Posted by SpringTime July 06, 01:50PM

Booked with 10 minutes' notice and was in/out in 10 minutes too - worked well there today.

Posted by Fitzgeraldo July 07, 09:14AM

Does centre test for active disease, presence of virus or presence of antibodies?

Posted by SpringTime July 08, 11:59AM

Wasn't antibodies so either or both: active disease/presence of virus. Results back in a day.

Posted by Robbie July 08, 03:51PM

You'd be crazy to get tested there tbh. Surely you'd have a high chance of being infected if you weren't already?

Posted by bsand July 15, 08:11PM

My wife and I have developed mild sore throats so I got tested at the Dome today - a drive-through.

All very efficient and painless and about 20 cars at the huge Dome carpark with any number of his-vis staff waving you through. You do the test yourself whilst being watched by staff with your windows closed. They only open an inch to give you the pack and an inch at the end to pop it in a box. Slight gag and mild irritation to the nose but nothing untoward.

I did consider a nearer walk-in but as you said my instinct is that it would potentially be riskier (though probably isn't).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 15, 08:12pm by bsand.

Posted by oliviar August 04, 01:15PM

Does anyone know if this is still open and doing tests?

Posted by SpringTime August 05, 01:57PM

Robbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You'd be crazy to get tested there tbh. Surely
> you'd have a high chance of being infected if you
> weren't already?

It's an outdoor venue and the guys and gals you deal with stay away from your car, only passing the kit and guidance through you car window which remains marginally ajar as instructed (not sure if you can turn up without a vehicle). They did a good job I reckon and it looked a lot less risky than pubs, loos, service stations, shops, gyms etc. simply because of the distancing measures in place. 18 hours for a result. Good job.

Posted by another annie August 19, 12:07PM

They're not at Belair any more - does anyone know where the nearest testing is now? Billingsgate is the nearest we can find thats up and running at the moment. Thanks!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum