Nick Weston - ex-owner of Dulwich Brasserie, Spaghetti Western - where is he?

alex

This is my first post on the forum...have been reading for a while and thought it was time I joined up.

Now that we've got GBK here to stay, does anyone know what's happened to the previous owner, Nick Weston? Last I saw of him he was cruising down L Lane in a posh convertible. He was a bit of a character, old Nick - I remember when that place was Spaghetti Western. He changed it to Westons, then Dulwich Brasserie. The customers gradually dwindled - how many times did you walk past and see DB closed? Must have done well from the sale though.

The property still belongs to him. He just sold the shop to gbk and refurbed/built flats. Hes a nice guy.Westons didnt work i think cos it needed personality and originality. Not saying he didnt have it but looked like he left it to staff to run. :o))

the farce that was spaghetti western,went to it 3 times and every time i got wrong drinks,wrong food,cold food,rubbery pasta.on my last occasion i actually left after waiting 45mins for a starter to arrive,when i complained i was told it was because it was being cooked fresh, when i pointed out that i was getting a green salad,the waitress just walked off as did i,still owe them for the drinks.

Nick is still about, he is now driving that mercedes convertible about, quite a difference to that clapped out white fiesta!

He's having work done on the flats above Gourmet Burger. He rents the ground floor to Gourmet Burger for ?40k a year!!!!

He had some bad luck with the builders though- i think the original "head builder" ran off with thousands of ?s and didnt pay the contractors who ended up trashing the place blaming Nick for it.

Nicks quite nice bloke though

• 2 years later...