This wont affect any of you im sure..... (Lidl parking fines)

BUT

If you desire the use the new / clean/ fantastic Peckham pulse pool , then be very careful.

Combine your swimming trip with a delightful bit of people watching in the splendour of Peckham Lidl or its scrumptious shite plastic goods emporium chum Pundstretcher and you may find yourself "fined" for using their parking facilities.

They have started issueing "fines" for anyone overstaying the normal 1.5 hours of whatever in the scruffy Lidl prapark behind Burger King . ?45 as well.They get the Cars detials from the DVLA .

now im looking into this, but it looks like a parking fine, it seem to read like a parking fine and it is a demand for money like a parking fine, but it is in effect an invoice for "breach of civil contract" - as its got nothing to do with the normal RTA / Local authorities parking policy.

It will contain mealy mouthed threats of court actions etc, but Im pretty sure its a big bluff due to the fact its a threat to sue rather than an criminal offence.......

Lidl/?stretcher etc want no part of this and wont have any discussion apart from refering you back to this "company"

Im working on this as a little side project to see how far they will go with their threats, but has anyone else experienced this type of scam and iof so, what did you do ?

this is something that's on the rise all over the place - and your take on it is correct

the claim that they are making is for breach of contract and is probably not one that they could win in court ('penalty clauses' are not generally enforceable under the law of contract) but these companies generally will not give up their case until you take them to court

it's a low class business, but at the mo they're getting away with it as people rather pay than get drawn into endless correspondence with stupid people at tashy businesses

in short, if you're up for a long dispute you can probably get away without paying, but you might have to stive off bailiffs along the way