Sarkozy - can we convince Nicolas to stay open late?

Now that Sarkozy is elected and will do away with the 35-hr week, can we convince Nicolas to stay open till 10pm? Oddly for such a salubrious area, there are hardly any decent mid-range off-licences. Somerfield's selection is pretty rubbish, and they only refrigerate the *really* rubbish whites. Sainsbury's is good but a bit of a mission, and again, nothing is refrigerated - if you want Cava on the hop, you're up the creek. Threshers' selection is mediocre, although the staff there are brilliant. Green and Blue is good, I suppose, but a little pricey. At least Unwins had that magic wine-chilling machine. We need an Oddbins or something - or just a late-opening Nicolas! Get English people to work the additional hours, if you have to!

oh - just go to Green and Blue. Its not that pricey - just buy 2 bottles of deliciousness instead of three...

Last week I defended to the hilt someone's right to slag the place off if they wish. But I think its fantastic. I love it. I'd much rather spend a tenner (and there's plenty well below that) on something lovely and not do it so often than buy a couple of something a bit strip-garglish.

I was in there much earlier tonight and there was something amiss with the card machine - there were queues of be-suiteds and it was a little ramshackle but beautifully and charmingly handled.