Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

www.jhphysio.com

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageGrey cat - Landells Road
Posted by sunshine77 May 02, 06:36PM

Our cat is a beautiful grey cat and we live in Landells Road. Someone has been feeding him and has taken it upon themselves to trim his whiskers. If a cat is not yours, do NOT cut their whiskers, feed them or do anything you have not been asked to do. Whoever you are STOP IT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 02, 06:56pm by sunshine77.

messageRe: Grey cat - Landells Road
Posted by Jim1234 May 02, 07:53PM

I believe also cats should never have their whiskers trimmed as they use them to keep themselves orientated. I'd recommend looking into it as you may need to keep the poor chap inside for a bit.

Posted by Sue May 02, 08:52PM

Could you attach a note on his collar to this effect?

Absolutely disgraceful that somebody is doing this to someone else's cat.

Unless they believe he is a stray which they have adopted, and don't realise he already has a home?

Posted by Zig-Zag May 02, 09:18PM

Poor cat! They need whiskers to judge width so they know whether, if they stick their head in a gap, their body will also fit through.

Posted by siousxiesue May 02, 09:30PM

sunshine77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our cat is a beautiful grey cat and we live in
> Landells Road. Someone has been feeding him and
> has taken it upon themselves to trim his whiskers.
> If a cat is not yours, do NOT cut their whiskers,
> feed them or do anything you have not been asked
> to do. Whoever you are STOP IT

Could you post a photo of your cat? I tend to agree about the keeping him in for a bit. Maybe break the habit

Posted by singalto May 02, 10:57PM

Thatís outrageous. I agree with the others: can you try and keep him in for a while until his whiskers grow back?

Posted by KalamityKel May 02, 11:04PM

Perhaps your feline chum has had an encounter with a curious child?
Ours on occasion has returned home with his ears coloured in and extra stripes - the result of someone playing with a marker pen. Quite annoying and dangerous!

Posted by sunshine77 May 03, 10:05AM

Thank you all. The vet checked him over last night and said heís clearly traumatised so sheís given him anti-anxiety medication and weíre keeping him in or watching if he goes in the garden. I did used to have a note on his collar saying please donít feed me which I have to put back on. They know heís not a stray as heís too well kept and actually all the kids in the area call for him. Thank you for your support and advice

messageRe: Grey cat - Landells Roadattachment
Posted by sunshine77 May 03, 10:09AM

This is Bob

Attachments: 2D2812AD-8D63-44C0-A16A-6D7FB8B8E818.jpeg (263KB)  
Posted by Maybaby May 03, 11:40AM

I know it may not be an option for everyone, however, have you considered attaching a small camera to your cat's collar? If possible, you could moniter where he goes, and who he comes into contact with. You might even catch the culprit.

Cats can wander quite far, so it may not even be local where this happened.
Perhaps put up posters as a warning to stay away from Bob.

I feel for you, and I can imagine your worry.

Posted by sunshine77 May 03, 06:43PM

My neighbour also suggested that and I think itís the way to go. Iím bowled over by the support on here. Thank you so much

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum