Crossing survey- if anyone has a few moments

There has been a number of road closures in the area which force traffic to have to all flow in the same direction. This must have an impact the congestion and frustration of drivers / pedestrians. I would like to see some of the roads along Barry road re opened and allow for traffic not to have to take long detours. The fact all cars are left idling at lights and travelling further must be counter productive. This site has always been an issue, I recall travelling through on my school days and there being issues although not too serious. Isn't time to review the council's poor record on traffic management? Unintended consequences of pandering to small groups ( usually one / two residents) with loud voices has undoubtedly become a major issue for us all. Glad lady is reportedly well, this will no doubt stay with her for a while now.

1921, it?s TFL that have responsibility for the junction - not Southwark. This is the response from TFL - you can follow the link through to the detailed output.

Dear Sir or Madam

Between 13 September and 25 October 2018, we consulted on proposals to introduce formal pedestrian signalised crossing arrangements at the junction of Dulwich Common and Lordship Lane.

We have now published our Consultation Report, which summarises how we sought comments and feedback on our proposals. We have also published our responses to the most common issues raised during the consultation.

In total, we received 274 responses to the consultation of which:

? 91 per cent supported or strongly supported the overall proposal to make changes to the pedestrian crossings and cycling facilities; and

? 3 per cent opposed or strongly opposed our proposal

We tentatively anticipate commencing the project early in 2020.

We are currently revisiting the design of the scheme to investigate the possibility of introducing a crossing at the southern arm of the junction.

We will inform local residents and stakeholders of any design changes before any construction takes place.

You can find our consultation report and responses to issues raised here: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/a205-dulwich-common-lordship-lane/.

I hear you - but we?ve lived here for over 10 years and people have been pushing TFL to do something about that junction for longer than that. It is nothing short of a miracle that they?ve finally agreed to listen and risk slowing down traffic (which has been their 100% driver to date). So I?ll take 2020!

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hear you - but we?ve lived here for over 10

> years and people have been pushing TFL to do

> something about that junction for longer than

> that. It is nothing short of a miracle that

> they?ve finally agreed to listen and risk slowing

> down traffic (which has been their 100% driver to

> date). So I?ll take 2020!

Completely agree. And they do say early 2020.