Stolen Milk delivery

I would try something here

establish when milk comes [ delivery ] I have seen them delivering late at night 1 oclockish,

wait till milk arrives, leave it on step, run fine line from gate make sure its secure

run it out of sight, dark cotton would do, lets say behind wheelie, or suspended it to wheelie. Hang a couple of

aluminium cans or something light that would make a racket, make sure the cans have something hard

to fall on, an old tin tray maybe on a couple of bricks.I am sure your neighbours would understand in this situation

I certainly would.

when thief opens gate, the cans drop, and hopefully thief may leave you be,

You may even get a glimpse of them

Well I went to get the milk at 7am this morning, the old milk bottles were taken and new milk wasn't there. I think they deliver about 4-5am.. Its such a shame as it is the best way to have milk without the use of plastic, it just means that we have to stop delivery if it happens again on Wednesday, I don't mind if someone needs 1 bottle and I am not going to worry about that, but when they take both is just not on.

Hi there

I checked on the website today and it was delivered as marked completed. If milk is stolen then only advice is to report it to the police but it seems overkill to do it. If I knew that others were having a similar problem then it would be more of an organised thing and then it would be worth reporting.

When I was younger and everyone had milk, one trick was to grab the milk as soon as it arrives,carefully take the top off without damaging it then put out an empty bottle filled with milk and a few dog ends. (If you smoked) or something else equally horrible but small enough to hide in the milk which then drops out into their tea / krispies and put the too back on carefully.

The thief gets a nasty surprise and tends not to come back to the same address tons steal from.

Sparticus your wicked but fun haha

we used to find 2 houses with close front doors

tie both knockers on a bit of tough rope, bang on both doors,

run and watch the doors being pulled back and forth.

you could only really do this evenings and sundays

as in them days people worked

Spartacus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I was younger and everyone had milk, one

> trick was to grab the milk as soon as it

> arrives,carefully take the top off without

> damaging it then put out an empty bottle filled

> with milk and a few dog ends. (If you smoked) or

> something else equally horrible but small enough

> to hide in the milk which then drops out into

> their tea / krispies and put the too back on

> carefully.

>

> The thief gets a nasty surprise and tends not to

> come back to the same address tons steal from.

Evil idea, but I like it lol.. :). Might just keep a bottle out of the fridge for a couple of weeks and put it on the doorstep in the morning :)

Spartacus Wrote:

> The sour milk element doesn't work as they smell

> it as soon as its open. The hidden surprise is

> better, especially if they are drinking it on the

> way to work 😱.

EVIL genius!! lol :)

Last week I thought I had a problem but in fact the Milk&More delivery just seems to have slipped a day - maybe illness or staff holidays? So Monday, Wednesday, and Friday seem now (fingers crossed) to have become Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'll see tomorrow whether this remains so this week.

the other one was to find some dog crap wrapp it in newspaper

set fire to it, in front of street door on path

knock on door, run etc

poor person runs out naturally they stamp on it in slippers

and get crap all over their feet

I never done this but knew the boys who did

Sorry going off thread

happy days

that's it Spartacus

The youngsters think they invented it

we done that in the 50's

also get a big button black cotton

find house with tree branches near upstairs window.

Climb tree suspend button on branch, everytime wind blows tap tap on window

gets them confused for ages

we were wicked

lameduck Wrote:

> that's it Spartacus

> The youngsters think they invented it

> we done that in the 50's

> also get a big button black cotton

> find house with tree branches near upstairs

> window.

> Climb tree suspend button on branch, everytime

> wind blows tap tap on window

> gets them confused for ages

> we were wicked

WERE????? :) lol

ha ha yes - we did exactly this.

having heard about it as a myth, where no-one knew anyone who had dunnit.

lameduck Wrote:

> the other one was to find some dog crap wrapp it

> in newspaper

> set fire to it, in front of street door on path

> knock on door, run etc

> poor person runs out naturally they stamp on it in

> slippers

> and get crap all over their feet

> I never done this but knew the boys who did

>

> Sorry going off thread

> happy days

JohnL Wrote:

> Didn't we used to have deices for this back in the

> 70s Here's one

>

> https://www.milksafes.co.uk/

>

> You leave it open then it locks without a key -

> needs key to unlock

Thanks John, this is a really good idea. I don't have anywhere to attach to a wall though and knowing my luck if I attached it to the railings they would take the whole thing lol....

lameduck Wrote:

> the other one was to find some dog crap wrapp it

> in newspaper

> set fire to it, in front of street door on path

> knock on door, run etc

> poor person runs out naturally they stamp on it in

> slippers

> and get crap all over their feet

Seen it in a US Slasher film

lameduck Wrote:

> that's it Spartacus

> The youngsters think they invented it

> we done that in the 50's

> also get a big button black cotton

> find house with tree branches near upstairs

> window.

> Climb tree suspend button on branch, everytime

> wind blows tap tap on window

> gets them confused for ages

> we were wicked

Also when cars were less frequent (70s), get up early, tie strong cotton or light fishing line to door knockers on opposite sides of the road going all the way up

First car up the road in the morning would pull the lines before breaking them resulting in door knockers being lifted then falling to make a single knock on virtually every house up the road.

Hours of fun setting up for a brief moment of satisfaction, bit like domino rallies

Totally off thread but why don't kids have the imagination or freedom to play like that these days.

As for the milk,a milk safe is a very good idea or a motion activated camera to see who's doing it