Day Nurseries

reidos

Can anyone recommend a decent day nursery in or around East Dulwich? I have a three month old daughter who we're hoping to put into nursery when she turns one. The few nurseries I've called already have 18 month+ waiting lists and I'm begining to get worried.

It would be useful to find out daily rates too if possible.

Thanks!

I think lots of them may well have waiting lists. ED isn't exactly short on kids.

The Cherry Tree nursery is supposed to be good - it's a Montessori one. Fraid my memory's failing me a bit, but I think it might be on Nutfield Rd.

My 2 year old goes to Bojangles nursery on Upland Road - near corner of Barry Road. Has been since he was 14 months and he has settled in well. I visited to lots of nurseries - and some of those were ones that had huge waiting lists and are on the 'you must get your child into that nursery' list of the yummy mummy set but I liked Bojangles the best. Staff are really friendly, warm and laugh alot which was the most important thing I think (When I visited some nurseries, I was distributed by the numbers of surly staff - if they don't make an effort for potential clients, what hope is there for the children who go their day in and out)It has a nice outdoor space as well and it's very light and airy inside (despite looking rather run down from the outside). It didn't have a waiting list when we entered our boy in as they were expanding but it's gotton more popular I've noticed. The other good things is that it's open 51 weeks a year and has resonable opening hours 8 - 6pm for working parents. Also, you can send your child there for half days as well which suits some people. As a self-employed person, it's also good in that I can book extra days if I have a lot of work on. It has kids from a diverse range of backgrounds as well which is nice.