Planning application submitted for new DHFC stadium

Understood, although if the deal on the table had a lot more affordable housing and a proposal to make the club fan owned and sustainable going forward, there's got to be a possibility that Southwark would be prepared in return to include some element of Greendale.

That is never going to happen Siduhe. Southwark have had the money set aside for the Greendale renovation for over a year now and are rightly set on not losing that facility. It will be overhauled quite rapidly now.

Meadow?s only chance would be to build, or keep, the statium and any housing on the land that they actually own. A previous developer submitted plans for sixty flats on the carpark out front. But of course sixty if far fewer and less profitable than five hundred so I suspect that they will just try to sell it on. They will have to take a haircut but a big health and fitness chain might be interested.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And Meadow are withholding full information about

> bar profits, which is a huge moneyspinner ? never

> mind taking into account the monies that could be

> earned from a properly-run gym, venue hire,

> astroturf pitch etc etc.

I'm sure the bar does very well, but is it profitable to the tune of tens of thousands per year which is what DHFC need? I struggle to believe it's *that* profitable. Exeter's income from "associated businesses" (including their bars but also other companies) was ?156k. They average almost three times the number of fans that DHFC do, so unless DHFC fans drink three times as much as ECFC fans I think you're overestimating the ability of the bar to provide sufficient revenue.

Perhaps if all those revenue streams were up and running at full capacity then it would be a different story. But even then they would bring associated costs which DHFC don't currently incur. For example, do you know how much it costs to install and maintain a 4G pitch? They're not cheap, at all, and they wear out after 10 years(ish) which means a replacement at the same price of a new installation.

Plural bars and businesses only generate an income of ?156000? Is that profit after overheads ,costs wages whatever or just an income ?

Even if the latter it seems very low to me ,not that I have any facilty at all with numbers .Not entered for O level Maths because I'd be a "waste of the entrance fee" Me ,bitter Miss Gibbs ? Noooooo.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If the average gate is 1500 and a pint costs ?4,

> each spectator would need to drink 25 pints a

> season to generate ?150,000 of revenue.

If 816 people drink two pints at all 23 home games, then they would hit the ?150,000 mark. And that's before you consider crisps, soft drinks and pork scratchings.

> If 816 people drink two pints at all 23 home games, then they would hit the ?150,000 mark. And that's before you consider crisps, soft drinks and pork scratchings.

I'm beginning to confuse this thread with the coach parking in Townley Rd one ,everything is starting to sound like those complex maths questions .

But ,seriously I wish there were a clear set of figures somewhere showing income ,expenditure ,input from Meadows .

Smething to answer Ruffers questions above .

When considering club finances do please remember that bar, health club etc. headline revenues are not the same as contributory profits. I don't know how profitable the bar itself is, but once wholesale costs of consumables, staff payments and other overheads are taken into consideration, net profit (which could be used to support the club) may be as low as 5%-7% of till receipts. A key issue here is what the beer etc. can be bought-in at. Even assuming a 100% mark-up on till prices there will still be significant overhead to take account of. Health clubs tend to depend on sign-ups with no real follow through after month 1. If the club is actually popular (i.e. people really use it) then the profits tend to plummet.