Miss.East Dulwich

Lisby90

I think Lisby's tragically for real.

Lisby I think by the time you reach 30 you may regret persuading men that the only value women have is being a pretty little thing.

Women won the vote because they managed to demonstrate better qualities than being a prize pig.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What kind of talents do young attractive women

> have?

The young attractive women in my office are very good at filing (paperwork and their nails!) making the tea and talking about celebrity gossip mags.

Perhaps these should be rounds in the pageant, with bonus points awarded if undertaken whilst wearing a bikini.

.. its like singing or cooking or something

Watch Miss congeniality , if you do not under stand (:

Ah yes, that would be the film where seriously assaulting her prospective boyfriend was considered a 'talent'. I'd prefer we left that bit out. Can't we stick with the Father Ted 'Lovely Girl' rounds? Walking, sandwich making and best laugh?

I have never seen Miss Congeniality, but propose a contest where women can show how they have taken on the men.... and won. I'd like to nominate legaleaglish as a contestant. Firstly for her amazing professional achievements but also because it would be a perfect scenario for her to showcase her kick-boxing skills! How about it, legal?!

watch out boys... you migt find out we really are better than you after all... especially with LegalEagle-ish heading up the team

"Girls are now outperforming boys at A-level in the UK - as they do throughout their schooling."

"Women to be the major breadwinners in a quarter of families by 2030"

"There are now more than 100,000 at-home dads in the UK and many of them says it's harder work than a job,"

"Researchers at the University say that men living on their own are more likely to experience financial and health difficulties, compared with women living alone."

"Women play a more central role than men in a successful society... "

"Men really do have an excuse for supposedly being wimpy about coughs and colds - their immune systems are not as strong as women's, research suggests."

"Their brains react differently, with the female brain showing more activity than the male, according to new research."

*thinks...must not use quotes out of context... could get myself into big trouble*

oh, and before the bun fight begins... I am a great believer in treating everyone with respect and celebrating the differences between men and woman... there is plenty of scientific research that show that mixed gender teams are more effective... and yes, I do like men, I am a sort of post-feminist feminist...

let's play nicely boys....

?Mixed (gender) management teams make better decisions and are more innovative.?

Apart from the A-levels bit (as there is a pretty good argument that the education system has been skewed towards female strengths - admittedly away from male strengths), there's not a lot to argue there, Charlie. Oh and the brain activity one isn't surprising - it must take a lot of thinking to always get the last word in... B)

Happily, none of it means that the ED Miss Lovely Girl competition can't go ahead. Any contestant unsure of the politics can enter in a flurry of post-feminist irony.

oh yes, Loz and just the get the (not) last word in....

"It's academic: university women are beating men at almost everything"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/its-academic-university-women-are-beating-men-at-almost-everything-1693493.html

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2008/05/28/mortar372.jpg