Home Birth Group?

Hi Sophie, I would also love to come - it might help make the decision for me ! I had my first at hospital and currently deliberating with my 2nd due end April. I really want a water birth so anyone who has experienced one, can I pick your brains please !? I have all sorts of practical yet silly questions about floorboards and hosepipes :)

Thanks

Vanessa

Hi Anna and Molly - I had an unplanned home birth with our first (she was a bit anxious to see the world!) and a planned home birth that ended up in a v. quick blue light dash to Kings. I have to say that the midwives, ambulance men and all at Kings were totally marvellous in our little drama - and I felt in such good hands (literally as it was very icy that day).

Don't worry if you end up having the hundred yard dash in the back of the ambulance. They are very capable and professional. And they do it (make the hospital decision) for all the right reasons. The main thing is a happy healthy bub (obv.) - so it's all good.

Another interesting thing about home births......It is very rare for anyone who has either had a home birth, or tried for but ended up in hospital, to not want to have their next baby at home too.

I'm sure there are some people out there where this is not the case, but I suspect they are few and far between.

To me this speaks volumes about the home birth experience, especially as you get plenty who have their first in hospital, but opt for a home birth second time around!

Also, wanted to add, this is a FANTASTIC home birth support group with masses of information on it, should anyone be interested;

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/homebirthUK/?yguid=371386140

So sorry I can't join you all on Thursday, but hope to see you next time.

Molly

x

As I have already mentioned to Sophie, I am 19 weeks pregnant and considering a home birth. Unfortunately I work full time so unless I can arrange to work from home on Thursday I won't be able to join you all for this first meet up. But I'd love to hear how you all get on and join you next time.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thank you firstly for all of your lovely messages!

Just wanted to confirm that we have some space booked at the Dulwich Park Cafe (The Pavillion), tomorrow, at 2pm. The table is booked in the family friendly side, hopefully next to the toys. They said they have been really busy this week, so might need to do some last minute table pushing together, but they are going to do their best to make us welcome.

So, very excited to catch up with those of you who can make it at 2 tomorrow.

Will update after to let those that couldn't get there know how we got along, and when the next meet up is scheduled for!

With warm wishes, Sophie

So sorry girls, but I won't be able to make it as eldest girl is off school with a high fever and headache, please do post when the next one will be - I work mondays and tuesdays so can do wed, thur and fri...

I was looking forward to a reminisce of those lovely days...

Oh and I was going to agree with Molly's point that I have always thought too- that you rarely find a woman who had a planned home birth first time and then chooses not to have one for subsequent births.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Hello!

Well, what a success! It was so lovely to get together, I loved it! Just wish I could have chatted even more with everyone :)

I would definitely love to make it a regular thing. How does once a month sound? And does Friday work as well for everyone as Thursdays?

Also, was the location ok for everyone?

Thanks for coming, and to those of you who couldn't make it, hope to see you next time!

Sophie

p.s. Friday a month from now is Friday 16th April (last Friday of the Easter school holiday).

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread - oops a day late but then again I couldn't have made yesterday!

I am 21+2 with my first baby and have found out today that I got a place with Brierley - so pleased as left it quite late to get on the waiting list and they sound so good.

I would love to come along on 16th April if the group isn't too full already - I will be madly revising for my final exams but an hour or so to talk babies/homebirths in this area sounds fabulous!

See you soon I hope!

Lucy x

Thanks so much for organising Sophie! It was really fun to meet some other mums and mums to be...unfortunately I can't make April 16th (going to a spa with my girlfriends to celebrate my birthday woohoo!!) but would definitely like to make another one.

See you all soon, I hope!

Anna x

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

We are coming up to a month since we met at Dulwich Park Cafe, and I thought I would see if people would like to meet again.

I am proposing 2pm on Thursday 22nd April as the time and date, at the cafe in the park again.

It was such a lovely time last time, and again, it would be lovely to see anyone planning, or who has had a home birth and would like to share stories and experiences, as well as have a good chat.

Let me know if you can make it!

Best, Sophie