Ofsted registered Childminder. (Ex teacher) with spaces E Dulwich

Hi,

I'm a childminder with over 20 years experience in childcare and education. I have two boys aged 3 and 7 and have been childminding since having the youngest. Before that I was a teacher and have also been a nanny and teaching assistant.

I am usually full but have some space coming up. I can take children from 6 months or after schoolers too - I pick up from Ivydale.

I work with an assistant from my home on Therapia Road. I'm open Mon-Fri 8-6. We go out every day to various groups, parks, museums, farms etc. Fees include three healthy home cooked/prepared meals. PM me for more info or to arrange a visit.

Many thanks, Becca

Hi. I'm a parent with a child currently at Becca's, and just wanted to post to add a personal recommendation.

Our daughter's been going to Becca's since she was 9 months old (she is now 2 and a half) and I cannot recommend her highly enough. She's a fantastic childminder, and from the first moment we met her, I knew she was someone I was completely happy to leave my baby with :-) She takes the children on outings to the park, the Horniman, various playgroups, etc etc, and our daughter loves going to her house. There's a lovely little group of them, so lots of fun company, and Becca and her assistant are really caring. It's a great family atmosphere and I really value that. Becca's a really calm person and super organised too (we love reading our diary every night). (I also really like it that Becca's an ex-teacher - she really knows kids and she's really professional as well as being caring!).

Happy to be PM'ed if you'd like to know more.

Jane

My daughter is at Beccas and has been there since she was 8 months old (she's now 2). She does not look back in the mornings and rarely wants to come home in the evenings. Her development has been exceptional thanks to Becca and she is happier than I can ever have imagined possible. Becca makes everything so easy and made my transition back to work seamless. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Don't suppose there is any possibility of a pick up at francesca cabrini? I have a baby (one in sept) and a girl starting at cabrini in September and looking for childcare that works for both of them.

Becca and her wonderful team take care of our one year old son, who absolutely loves it there. He bounces in the door in the morning, knowing there is a fun day in store. Becca makes sure the children are not only well-looked after, but that they are stimulated and learn everyday. We love reading his diary in the evening to see what exciting things he's been up to that day: picnics, music group, museums and even little discos!

Another fantastic thing about Becca is we can rest assured that he's being well fed with healthy, homemade food.

We cannot recommend her highly enough, a truly caring person and professional in every way.

Just to add to the above posts. Our little girl was with becca for 20 months from the age of 15 months. We cannot recommend her highly enough either. It's such a nuturing stimulating environment and our daughter was so happy there. Becca is extremely caring and thoughtful. It's such a big thing leaving your child with someone else but I can safely say we never had a moment's concern or worry that she was in the right place. In fact our baby son will be going to becca once I return to work in the autumn! Please pm me if you want more information.

My daughter has been with Becca for a year now (since she was 1), three days a week, and I feel really fortunate to have found such a brilliant childminder. I can't recommend her highly enough.

The set up is very homely and feels calm, safe and really fun. I think Becca's experience as a teacher really shows in her approach to childminding, as she is genuinely interested in each individual child's development and wellbeing and is not fazed by anything at all. She remains calm and professional but still has a sense of humour and tons of common sense.

They take the children out every day and she values fresh air and outdoor play as well as book groups, playgroups (and a paddling pool in the garden for hot weather!). Becca and her assistants genuinely love the children and most seem to stay with her a long time. My daughter is really happy there and talks about Becca and the assistants as her friends, as well as having a brilliant time with all the little pals she has made. There are quite a small number of children (maximum six I think?) so it's like a home from home but with more playmates!

Becca is excellent at keeping up communication, each child gets a diary each day with how they have been, what they ate and where they went, naps and nappies too. I was worried about routines etc but my daughter fell in easily as Becca said she would, and they cater for one or two naps a day depending on age/individual need etc.

The food is healthy and home cooked, and she keeps up with new toys when needed, tries new groups and generally make sure the kids are happy and stimulated. The place is kept very clean and hygienic, our daughter has very rarely been ill.

Finding a childminder is stressful and scary (there are so many in the area, and anyway, how can anyone be able to look after your little one like you do?!) but amazingly they can! My return to work was completely stress-free thanks to Becca and her team. I will be really sad when my daughter is of an age to move on and would say you are very lucky if you have found her advert at a time when she has free space.

• 2 years later...

Hi Becca,

I hope you are well.

Are you still working as a childminder?

Do you have availability for my baby girl Ivy on Thursdays and Fridays? To start on 27th September this year. We live on Landcroft Road, East Dulwich

Do you have a website or some more information about your experience and the daily routine?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Elspeth Allison

Archived