Nicknames!

After today's bath saga (oh god, pooh in the bath. IN THE BATH! IN HIS HAIR! Yea gods...) I realised I very rarely call Baby Baldock by his actual name (Sebastian). He goes by the following alias':

-Seb Bub

-Sebby One Sock

-Bubs

-Pooper

-Littlest man.

What pet/nick names do your little (or not so little!) one's go by?

The Nappy Lady Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ha, Kristy I am a Moo too thanks to my sister.

>

> My two are The Egg and Bobbin (always makes us

> laugh when we sing "wind the bobbin up"!

>

> Molly

>

> (sitting in M1 traffic jam with v cross / fed up

> hubby driving!)

Where are you going Molly?

My daughter (3) has Monkey, Bagpipe (she is very windy!) and Bottomley Potts (no idea why other than the name appeals and I like saying it - from the Hairy Maclary books).

Now I look at them they could be construed as pretty perjorative (sp?) but are meant affectionately!!

Our eldest is:

Madame (most used)

Monkey face

Monster munch

(must be an 'M' thing)

Our littlest is currently 'Sweet Pea' (I'm hoping to plant loads in the garden to show her when she's older).

I'll have to work on some more for 'the littlest Hobo' once her character develops...

DS1 is Bobo, Belicious or Belishbox

DS2 is Mondy, Mondini, Mondelish or the Mannion

none of these bear any relation to their real names (DS1's name starts with S and DS2 with W)

My nieces are Sophia and Orla and I call them Dizzle or Dizbox and the McTaggart

WTF!!!

Am I the only one to find this a bit odd? Maybe am very dull - apart from the occasional 'hon' or 'sweetheart' (or 'you monster') term of endearment I only ever call babysb by his real name or the shortened version. Where do all these nicknames come from?!?

No. 1 used to be The Bug (he used to borrow into his dad when he was very small) and Mr Smelly - now too old to be called either of these although Mr Smelly may come back when puberty hits!

No. 2 was The Goo from birth (a dribbler for the first 3-4 yrs of his life). No. 2's name can be shortened in many ways as well so he often has one of a wide variety of names.

no 1 = Tinkerbelle, or Tink, plus various shortened versions of her given name.

no 2 = Bam-bam, Bammer, plus as above.

No 3 = Coo, coo-coo (he hates that), kady-coo.

No 4 = Squish, Mr i(pronounced as in i-gloo), womble.

These names all just kind of appeared and seemed to fit so we stick with them. Strange really?

Woof, at the moment I get called 'aaaaaahahahhhhh raaaaaaaa' as those are the only noises he can make. However, he does also go 'ahur hur hur' in a laughing manner whenever he sees me, because thats what he does when he gets a feed. Evidentally, I am a dairy cow in his eyes and nothing else. I even know a woman whose kid calls her 'Milkies' for the same reason I just eluded to....

First one sausage/smidge, 2nd one Lots pots and third one (Marth)parps/parpy all from their names and variations of but have to say the eldest - now 8 really does not appreciate being called by any nickname at all and in fact likes to be called by her first and middle name - very formal!

Ruth_Baldock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Woof, at the moment I get called 'aaaaaahahahhhhh

> raaaaaaaa' as those are the only noises he can

> make. However, he does also go 'ahur hur hur' in a

> laughing manner whenever he sees me, because thats

> what he does when he gets a feed. Evidentally, I

> am a dairy cow in his eyes and nothing else. I

> even know a woman whose kid calls her 'Milkies'

> for the same reason I just eluded to....

In the words of Alf Garnett...

"Poor cow...."

W**F

Our eldest daughter has evidently watched too much Peppa Pig - I'm Mummy Pig, my husband is Daddy Pig, my Dad is Grandpa Pig. The only one who seems to have escaped this is my Dad's girlfriend Jan. We were trying to encourage 'Nan Jan' but so far it's 'Jam Jam'.

There's also an imaginary Doctor Brown Bear who we have to call for advice (actually NHS direct!) when our daughter is ill or hurts herself!

Not sure whether to be worried about old square eyes here or not :-S

Oh GOD must retract previous denial of nicknames....I forgot hubby tends to call babysnowboarder 'doodle'. I have no idea why, and if I ask what he and baby have been up to he sometimes replies 'just doodling'. Madness. (He previously called both cats this, so fairly non specific, but he seems to like it.)