Growing pains?

After a really active day, our daughter woke in the night complaining that her legs hurt (both of them, front of calves, just below the knee). Bless her, she really seemed in pain - proper crying. She is 3 and a bit and seems absolutely fine this morning. We rubbed them for her, which seemed to help and did the 'standard' (Calpol - modern panacea!)

A quick google suggested it could be 'growing pains' - anyone else had experience of this? I have vague memories of growing pains as a child, but deep down I've always thought they were a bit of a myth.

I suffered with growing pains as a child. I grew quite tall quickly up to the age of 10 / 11 and then only a few inches since then. I remember pains in my hips, legs, ribs and my back. I'm not sure whether they were technically growing pains but that's always what my dad called them.

Ohhh....

My poor boy who's 9 gets them at night. Nothing a good vigorous rub won't get rid off though & at a push some Ibuprofen gel does a good job.

They are good old fashioned growing pains indeed

As an aside I had the "I don't want you to die Dad.." tears the other night, it near broke my stoney heart

I remember both of the above, must be par for the course

W**F

I suffered particularly badly with growing pains when young so when my children complain I have absolute sympathy and get out the Neurofen (not without checking for any glint in the eye that happens when they are telling porkies).