Primary Schools in East Dulwich

Religion in al its brands , as anyone with an ounce of sense knows , its a load of ole cobblers howevr its dressed up - and dont bother responding to my statement of fact with some tired old philisophical argument you stole from wikipedia that argues God exists - BUT the moral standpoint of the CoE & I daresay other brands of god - if you strip away the mumbo jumbo, actully makes some sense as a basic guide on how to respect people and live your life - that in itself is no bad thing..

Gladhanding the vicar to get your face known for the application is detestable and cheap though.

What vile people sneaky we must have in the area who lie through their teeth to obtain this advantage for their kids

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone agonising over Primary Schools in East D, I wouldn't go on hearsay. Here's a better option:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/education/06/school_tables/primary_schools/html/210.stm

You can also access the most recent Ofsted reports from here. They don't tell you the whole story but are much more reliable than gossip from people with axes to grind.

Hi Andy

Did you make a decision about movng into the area? My kids went to Horniman's school in Forest Hill, but it wasn't easy to get in. Even though we were in the catchment area, the school was oversubscribed due to their sibling policy. Eventually, things got sorted, and it was fabulous - small, friendly and a high standard of teaching. Good luck with your decision.

no no no, dulwich park fairy keep going but keep it legal! I love reading all the reviews no matter what they say. I am turning into a secondary school bore, and welcome ALL comments - dodgy or not. Also, amongst all the 'our school is great' - which actually is the case now in ED (yeah!) I relish these little interludes of "now what's going on there...?" sorry, obviously too much time on my hands -

no no no, dulwich park fairy keep going but keep it legal! I love reading all the reviews no matter what they say. I am turning into a secondary school bore, and welcome ALL comments - dodgy or not. Also, amongst all the 'our school is great' - which actually is the case now in ED (yeah!) I relish these little interludes of "now what's going on there...?" sorry, obviously too much time on my hands -

Couldn't really see what was libellous about asking if a RUMOUR, was correct but fairplay. Does seem strange though that you can criticise pubs, resaurants, estate agents etc, but schools are strictly of limits.

Clare

Seing you're a teacher at one of the "local" schools, you'll probably understand why I take the your unbiased opinions with a pinch of salt?

• Administrator

Just for clarification, asking if a rumour was correct i.e. repeating allegations, can be deemed libellous e.g. "I hear that Mr Smith the postman is having an affair with Mrs Jones at number 26, is it true?" can potentially damage their reputation and bring legal action on the message poster and the publisher (the forum). Criticising is different e.g. "I went to Le Restaurant and the service was terrible" is your opinion and can be deemed "fair comment". There's obviously more to it than that but as the forum doesn't have a crack team of lawyers (and nor do we want to) we like to play it safe and remove/edit offending articles.

Anyway, back to Primary Schools in East Dulwich...

I've heard Fairlawn is very good but terribly, terribly over-subscribed - a friend who lives nearish there - was told it was unlikely her kids would get in. Stillness near Honour Oak is a really good school that is getting more popular but it's very much out of the catchment area of most of East Dulwichites - probably much to the relief of those living in Honour Oak! Again, I'm going to bang the drum (again!) for Goose Green Primary a school that keeps on going up every year and does a pretty fab carnival event every year by my reckoning! No I'm not a teacher (thank god!) nor do I have a child going there - yet. I have a good friend whose 10 year old has done very well there and I plan on sending my 2.5 year old there when he is old enough.

i was at the horniman today with 2 2 year olds and saw several classes from local primary schools enjoying a day out there. included were heber, dog kennel hill and rosendale and i was really impressed with all their behaviour.

if they represent our local primary schools then i look forward to my children joining any of them.