Camberwell New Cemetery - access through the cemetery

As well as the controversial changes in Camberwell Old Cemetery and on the hill in Camberwell New Cemetery (please can those issues stay in their own thread please?) it is also planned to use the currently unused, and mostly concreted-over, (plant) nursery site (Area B) beside Honor Park (the road) as a burial ground. There is an opportunity here to ensure that walking and cycling routes through the cemetery are improved. Many people use it during opening hours as a safe and less-polluted way of getting from the Honor Oak area to schools in Nunhead and Hatcham and in the other direction from south Nunhead to the nearest station - Honor Oak Park. The plans at the moment do not include any extra access to the cemetery except the current one through the car park. There will be a path through and around the new area going fairly close to the station, and a new access point could be added here, which would benefit people walking there, and allow a safer entrance/exit for cylists than the current one which is on a narrow bend in the road. If you are interested in this, have a look at the consultation which is here:

Camberwell New Cemetery Honor Oak - Southwark London Borough Council Consultation Hub - Citizen Space

https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/camberwell-new-cemetery-consultation

If you want to comment on anything about the plans, you have to do so by 22/7/16.

I put up two A4 posters about this on Friday morning on the cemetery railings on Brenchley Gardens and two on the railings facing Honor Oak Park, By the time I came home at 6pm, they had been removed. I thought maybe the cemetery management removed them, although there were also posters for vintage clothes sales, allotment open days and concerts there too. So this morning I put up one of the Network Rail fence near the station - it too had gone by 6pm.

So, if you do like the idea of more access through the cemetery, please complete the consultation, as clearly someone does not like the idea!

Hi, I saw one of your posters today by Kelvington rd, I'll fill in the consultation, good idea! We'd like our son to go to Chelwood nursery but don't fancy walking over the hill to get there twice a day!