2yrs 9month old needs a friend

Hello,

My 2yr 9 month old daughter is in need of friends. She goes to Nursery and has friends there but needs weekend friends, someone(s) to share her toys with, go to the park with and things. I know this is a strange request, but when she meets other children at the park she cries and wants to go home with them. She is an only child and I feel sorry for her, so if there is another lonely child (or one who just needs another friend) out there, please have your mum or Daddy get in touch with me. She is a good girl although she will not agree to fall forward so that you catch her (a boy tried this at the park and she refused). I work full time and she goes to Nursery full time but can do weekends,mostly dulwich park on saturdays.

Oh bless. Why don't you ask the nursery who her "best friends" are and invite them over for a weekend play date. I am sure most mums would love having the opportunity for their children to play with friends for an hour at the weekend.

Similarily - presume she will be in pre-school soon and are sure there will be loads of playdate and party invites then!

Good luck! Before you know she will have loads of friends so try not to worry.

M

I don't thnks its a strange request, my 9 month old is at nursery full time and I am sure that he is quite bored at the weekend with just me for company, they just love being with other kids. There are so few things to do at the weekend, I totally understand what you are saying.

Sorry been out of the loop for while, holidaying. Thanks Millie, but I am trying to put myself in my daughters shoes and I just think she might want some other friends outside nursery to play with and talk about. Thanks Fuschia, I am sure she would love to play with them, I'll PM you and see if we can arrange something. Thanks Clare for bumping it up and Alibo,if your 9 Month old does not mind being bossed and ordered around I am sure she will love to play with him to.

hi My husband works saturdays and our other mummy/children friends seem to only want family time at the weekends so my daughter(2yrs 6 months) and I find saturdays very long and boring so if you want a saturday park meet up let me know.

leanne