Plant theft in Wood Vale last night

kojohn

Some low-life pinched a bay tree from our front porch yesterday evening; if anyone saw somebody carrying one off / loading it into a car yesterday between 7-10pm, please let me know. Can't believe that you can't even leave potted plants and trees out these days without risk of theft. Some people are so low. Sad that I'm now actually considering getting cctv installed.

Ive lived in east dulwich all my life and never had a problem before the past 10 years, since when, these are the items nicked from my front garden: three doormats, 2 hanging baskets, 3 mature plants literally ripped oiy, my grandsons scooter!!

There must have been a plant thief scouting the area last night. I had my lovely glazed window box stolen last night too. It was a present & looking lovely. Yes very sad that you cannot have pots etc in your front garden without having some thief take them. Wonder if they'll be for sale at some car boot?

Hi kojohn..

Sorry to here about your tree..

I have just decked my tiny front garden and added some white pebbles..

I was thinking about a nice wooden planter with a Bay Tree and was wondering

how long it would be there before some oik nicked it..

The area has become a target fot opportunist low-life..

DulwichFox

My front garden pots and planters are all recycled junk... The plants look pretty in them, but no one can be bothered to nick them. Although a couple of years ago someone nicked a chilli plant in a nice pot. I hope they made the mistake of eating them because they were volcano hot.

The plant thieves have also been active in Camberwell Old Cemetery. I recently saw a message to them which has been placed on a grave by the family. It accuses them, in rhyme, of not only stealing the plants, but coming back for the lantern hooks. The poem goes on to say that the occupant of the grave did not like thieves, so his skeleton will haunt them to the end!