Checking rubbish bins

mcwt

If one of you rings 101 and gets a reference number, the rest of you - and anyone else who sees something similar - can then ring in with any more information.

It will take a bit longer than coming on to the EDF, which is good as a warning but not much else.

So, who will it be?

Phlox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this considered as trespassing? What can the

> police do?

If they were caught with people's personal details (bank statements etc) I presume they could be charged with conspiracy to defraud? Big ask for a street copper though, I imagine the best that would be done is just to have them moved on.

Phlox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this considered as trespassing? What can the police do?

I believe your rubbish is still your property until the council collect it, so it is technically stealing.

So three people report something on the forum but - as far as I know - don't let the authorities know: that's only half-hearted community spirit. The police could gather the information, check it against other reports and perhaps apprehend these people and check they are not doing anything untoward and warn them that private property should not be entered.

Happens all the time, everywhere. Very important to shred anything with any personal info. We also keep a big black marker pen to obscure our names on anything we chuck in the bin. Anything else we've thrown away - well good luck with finding a use for it!

Very important to shred anything with any personal info

If you have a compost heap, and compost lawn mowings, then shredded paper is very useful to add bulk and air to the compost, and is certainly very secure. Cross-cut (not just strip) shredding is the safer method - cross-cut shredders are readily available and not much more expensive than the other type.