iPhone users: read this

suniil

Although so far it's an unnamed source on a fairly small site which might just be desperate for clicks. I'll wait til there's a little more credibility given to it by bigger tech sites and they've done some more rigorous digging into the claims.

I've heard that one too Loz although happily I can say that mine is just fine - holding it or not ;-)

Question (email to S Jobs from a fellow member on MR)

What's going to be done about the signal dropping issue. Is it software or hardware?

Answer from SJ : Non issue. Just avoid holding it in that way.

lol, lucky I didn't queued up this time

Anyone had a few days to play with v4 and work out whether they are happy with it?

I spent a long time on the phone to Orange today and they basically admitted that apple are already planning to do a new release and swap the Wireless and GPS antennas after the furore.

I'm sending mine back for sure... I love it but I might have to buy a seperate phone which kind of defeats the object somwhat

I've got it and I'm pretty happy. After saying above that I didn't have the problem - if I do hold it that way, the signal does drop but I haven't actually lost any calls from doing it. I only tend to hold the phone that way if I'm playing a game or the like. I must hold it differently when actually on the phone. The battery life is better, it's much faster online and getting mail - and the camera is far better too.

I hadn't heard the rumour about the swap of antennae and not sure how easy it would be to do. I would take it with a pinch of salt though since I think it's unlikely that Orange customer services would be the first to know given that Apple are apparently just handing out 'bumpers' to those who moan.

I'd say yes. The recent news and postings across the forums underlines that

Apple admits the problem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10490572.stm

Apple hiring antenna engineers

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/apple-hiring-iphone-antenna-engineers-for-some-reason/

mazza7103 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> very glad i didnt get the upgrade. i love my 3gs

> anyhoo