UFO sightings in East Dulwich?

Many thanks to those who responded on the UFO thing and for the information on the ED paranormal society - Laura, do you or any of your team look like Scully? I will try to listen to the 5 Live show online or, if not possible, somewhere else.

No thanks to those who went off on one about aliens, the god delusion or the questionable value of space exploration.

So you can get an idea of what we saw, it was very much like this (another different sighting by someone else), but, that the lights were all in a straight(ish) line.

Live long and prosper earthlings.

I didn't see these particular sightings... but on 7 July between 7.15 and 7.30pm I saw something very similar from Wandsworth Common. They were 3 bright white lights. There were lots of people about but noone else seemed to notice. I pointed them out to another dog-walker who was equally mystified. The lights didn't fade but seemed to just get higher, going vertically up in a straight line until they disappeared. I looked at various UFO websites... and told quite a few people. I found a few reported sightings that were described as orange and subsequently explained as Chinese lanterns... but that's definitely not what I saw!

• 2 weeks later...

UFOs spotted hovering in suburbsAug 9 2007

SOMETHING sinister has been stirring in the night skies above South London's leafy suburbs.

Stunned star spotters were shocked to see mysterious lights flying above East Dulwich on Saturday, fuelling rumours of secret military experiments or visitors from the space in the area.

Lawyer Richard Pringle, 33, of Peckham Rye, was walking home with his flatmate about 11.30pm when he spotted the UFOs rise above the Crystal Palace skyline.

He said: "We were both completely sober and we could see a row of four lights coming up over the hill and over Dulwich Village.

"If it was a plane you would have said it was at about 15,000 feet and you couldn't see any lights flashing or anything, you could just see a constant orange glow."

How do ghosts in the park get grouped for study with beings from another world? Comparing apples with pears if ever there was. If that's sane then I think the war in Iraq is related to the fact the McDonalds have medium, large and extra large but no small.

Oh, and as for time travel. Where are they then?

ap

Ahem, first post an'all that... I saw something quite strange a couple of weeks ago whilst standing outside the Herne Tavern - not lights floating upward but a small grey disc thing that was moving very slowly. As much as I looked for evidence of it being a balloon, I just couldn't tell what it was other than flat and indecipherable. I tried to film it on my camera but, as it was so small I couldn't capture it without it looking like a speck of dust!

• 1 month later...