No water yesterday/low water pressure this morning Underhill Rd

IlonaM

OK, so have just spoken to Thames Water:

1) The water has been rerouted and should be making its way around the system but at a lower pressure than normal. It will take a while to work it's way round as a large number of properties have been affected.

2) Thames Water now has a permit to work to carry out the repair (they've been waiting for it to be granted apparently) and the gang is on the way, or maybe already on site, to carry out the repair.

3) Once the repair is complete they will remove the rerouter and water will return to its usual pressure.

Touch wood we'll all have some water again soon.

this goes to show you a company of that size and the Millions of pounds Profit they make ..do you think they will do any thing to help in emergencies like this NO WAY they dont give too hoots. if Any person around where i live who can not go and buy water for drinking because they are elderly or disabled then please give me a call- 0796 220 4996 and i will haply go and get water for them.i live at the Horniman end of Underhill road.

Hi? I just got a text message from Thames Water (I registered for alerts when I spoke to them this morning when I discovered I had no water) and it says they are still working on the problem - and "we are working hard to get things back to normal"??

Fortunately (?!) I've been at work today so not too affected but am going to be very cross if it's still not back when I get home!

So, the latest update (after spending 45 mins on hold to TW). The rerouting has been done but the number of people/flats/houses is too large for pressure to build back up. So the current plan is to deliver "a large number of tankers of water to the reservoir" to build pressure back up and restore some kind of service tonight. Only after that will they engineers return to site and fix the leak and restore full service. "Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow".

At this point I have no idea if this makes any sense or if it's even the truth, as the story went from "we have engineers on site" to (when I said no they aren't) to "we have engineers at the reservoir" in less than 10 seconds.

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Any thoughts/ideas on toilet flushing? Or where

> can I go to get some buckets of non-drinking

> water?

I've bought large 5 litre bottles of mineral water for the toilet, which you can then pour in the cistern between use.

Just got another text from Thames Water. Unfortunately it just adds to long list dating back to previous incidents. Last time was Sep 4 last year. Always the same at this time of year, can't TW take preventive measures when it's warm in August??

Seems so wrong to flush mineral water down the loo! I guess I was hoping there was some sort of communal water tap elsewhere in ED, or a bowser in the affected area. I wonder how long we have to be without water before TW are obliged to provide the bowsers?

I do remember the great drought of 2003 (whoever asked earlier) but I went off to Kings to have my baby after the first 24 hours, so my memory of how long it lasted and when the bowsers appeared is a bit blurry.

No a drop on my floor either... bone dry. Compensation will be great for my landlord who is abroad but I am bills included so makes no difference for me, I already paid. I just want some water to drink and cook with and then as a luxury wash too! I forget when it was they delivered water before- anyone else remember? Is that an old policy? Really hope they can drop some bottles off especially as it's been about 12 hours now at least and could last overnight...

Also if it is just a temporary problem would it be wrong to ask people in the area with low pressure to avoid using washing machines/dishwashers/non urgent things until the rest of us have at least low pressure back on too?

Message last updated: Monday 29 August 2016 - 18.55PM.

We apologise to customers who are still experiencing issues with their water supplies in the SE22/23 postal area.

This is due to a burst water main on Lordship Lane.

Our teams are on-site and working hard to restore your supplies as quickly as possible.

We have started to re-route water through our network. Due to this being a complicated repair, this process can take a couple of hours.

Customers should notice a positive change to their water pressures within the next 1-2 hours.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Message last updated: Monday 29 August 2016 -

> 18.55PM.

>

> We apologise to customers who are still

> experiencing issues with their water supplies in

> the SE22/23 postal area.

>

> This is due to a burst water main on Lordship

> Lane.

>

> Our teams are on-site and working hard to restore

> your supplies as quickly as possible.

>

> We have started to re-route water through our

> network. Due to this being a complicated repair,

> this process can take a couple of hours.

>

> Customers should notice a positive change to their

> water pressures within the next 1-2 hours.

>

> We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We were told that on the 'phone at 1730. Now almost 20.00 and still not a trickle.