Pile up in Lordship Lane

picknmix

On the way to our surgery , we found police, ambulances even firetruck attending a car crash scene in front of the bus stop next to the church . 5 cars damaged in total , 1 left in the middle of the road with it's left front wheel gone and 4 cars smashed to each other on the side road. It wasn't clear to us how it happened but we heard the car in the middle had children in them. They weren't hurt thanks God. The driver of the other car apparently ran himself inside the surgery which is infront of the crash and complaining of chest pain.

It is alarming how this kind of crash happens in a 20/mph area. I see a lot of drivers overspeeding in Lordship lane even in the inside streets . They drive like hell is after them !

Going to work at 9.45 this morning it was difficult to turn right at the LL/Barry Road lights as traffic backed up. Saw as I turned in my rear mirror, fire engine, ambulance and a couple of police cars between the surgery and the bus stand just before Friern. Must have just happened. Load of Police cars further down LL outside Picture house and down towards NX Rd no signs of any activity

Playing CSI - the positioning of the cars seemed as the blue Mercedez was coming from road side of the library - it may have cut the Nissan which was the car in the middle of the road as it was trying to park in the space next to the surgery. It may have clipped the left side of the Nissan so strong causing it to loose the left tyre - it must be going so fast and furious ! Kudos to the driver of the Nissan as it halted perfectly without sliding or harming themselves. Meantime, while the Mercedez was trying to do a dangerous maneuver, the Mitsubishi which was driving behind the Nissan was actually trying to slide and park at the same spot as the driver probably didn't see the Mercedez coming from the other side of the road taking that space. The impact of their collision damaged another 2 unsuspecting parked cars in the same side.