Inception - thread contains spoilers

missus

I saw at the IMAX last week GG - definitely worth the extra dosh. Still can't work out why gravity only effects one level of dream, though. Did love how the spinning top just wobbled in the last frame or so. It was written by the same bloke that wrote Memento, so not a big surprise it screwed with the head a bit.

As for eye-candy for the boys, Ellen Page isn't a classic Hollywood beauty, but she is rather cute And she came in with huge brownie points from her role in the rather fabulous Juno. In fact Page from Juno and Joseph Gordon-Levitt from 500 Day of Summer represent both my favourite films from the last year or so.

Best Di Caprio performance since Gilbert Grape, where he was rather brilliant in an otherwise so-so film. He's been a bit meh since. Though if his face gets any fatter they'll only be able to show him on IMAX anyway.

Loz Wrote:

It was written by the same bloke

> that wrote Memento, so not a big surprise it

> screwed with the head a bit.

I'd like to see a Christopher Nolan season at the Ritzy or something . or maybe the dulwich paradiso people could do something ;-) .... Insomnia was a good one ,also very enjoyable ... but Memento really messes with your head the first time you see it , I didnt know what on earth was going on . very clever film.

Oh dear, did I really miss all the excellence in this movie?

Yes it was technically well crafted, some performances, some dialogue, the signature action scene in dream 2 excellent but the premise(s) and much everything else I found lacking the same substance and rigour as the aforementioned good bits.

The final dream was staged appallingly by comparison suddenly turning into a Bond movie with 2 Bonds running about.

I'll have to watch the damn thing again to see if I like it better because I went in wanting to having enjoyed Nolan's previous work.

Masterpiece? Don't think so.

Better than Salt and Expendables? Yup

Warning: Never climb a rock face like they did. Serious technical error.

Using that much plastique to move an elevator? Credibility, cool, window, exeunt.