Two rescued Greek stray puppies looking for loving homes

anelia

Well done anelia for trying your best for these two puppies. Please do be careful who you allow access to adopt them though, and as said above going via the rspca or battersea cats & dogs home to find a new owner might be the best route as they have the resources to match the correct people with their animals.

As for the comments above, ignore. And alice stop trolling please.

Louisa.

Hi titch..yes tell me about it- biiiig problem! But some of us try our best to make even a small change :)

titch juicy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There seems to be a big problem for strays in

> Greece.

>

> I worked a summer season many years ago in Corfu

> and children tried to flog stray pups to tourists

> (and workers) all the time. Unfortunately, without

> all the right jabs etc. it's a non-starter.

>

> It sounds like the lady you're talking about is

> doing a fine job though :)

Hi everyone! Sorry ive been absent these past few days...for some reason i stopped receiving emails that people had commented on this post!!! Thank you so much for all your kind words and positive comments :) :)

binkylilyput and turtle and louisa- I really appreciate your kind words!

take note, nigello and Jules-and-Boo: Again, thank you for your kind words, and I absoluetely do agree with you. I know..this may add to the numbers of UK unwanted doggies. Im just literally stuck and because the foster lady cant look after them till the end of october at a push, reallyyyyy worried about what's gonna happen next.

And you're absolutely correct- education, and working with charities to raise awareness etc is the ultimate goal. however, from what i see every year when i go back, its like hitting a brick wall when the animal volunteers try this!! the boroughs, the government, the education system- there is just not enough interest and effort from them. i hope to one day try and help with a change...but for now im gonna try to save these 2 pups :)

ill keep you all updated and once again thank you for all the nice things people have said

I don't know if anyone's heard but there's a bit of a crisis in Greece .

A ?12.82 bn cut in public funding -public sector wages cut by 20%,wages of employees of state-owned enterprises cut by 30%,health spending cut by nearly 2 billion euros ,pensions cut by 20% ,huge tax increases -property /income/VAT .Self employed and farmers have to pay 100% income tax in advance .

Considering the effect on people loosing jobs ,loosing income ,schools closing,trying to find pharmacies that have drugs for heart conditions ,insulin for diabetics ,ventolin for asthmatics ..then yes ,I agree with Alice the priorities displayed in this thread about 2 puppies seems distatesful.

As both my parents being Greek, I understand the hardships faced by the Greek people, as my family have been effected too....but then do you suggest we just stop caring about less big problems then?

This is simply a post asking for help for 2 puppies- it is not bringing politics and nationwide problems into account, and it does not attempt to prioritize 2 puppies. it is simply a post asking for help!

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> I don't know if anyone's heard but there's a bit

> of a crisis in Greece .

>

> A ?12.82 bn cut in public funding -public sector

> wages cut by 20%,wages of employees of state-owned

> enterprises cut by 30%,health spending cut by

> nearly 2 billion euros ,pensions cut by 20% ,huge

> tax increases -property /income/VAT .Self employed

> and farmers have to pay 100% income tax in advance

> .

>

> Considering the effect on people loosing jobs

> ,loosing income ,schools closing,trying to find

> pharmacies that have drugs for heart conditions

> ,insulin for diabetics ,ventolin for asthmatics

> ..then yes ,I agree with Alice the priorities

> displayed in this thread about 2 puppies seems

> distatesful.

Thanks turtle!!hahaa why dont we just start talking about global problems then!!! And exactly- i dont think that's what Alice meant in any way!! 😁

turtle Wrote:

> Well said Anelia, where did that come from? I'm

> sure you'd love to fix the terrible problems in

> Greece, but a bit out of context surely! This

> person assumes this is what Alice meant???

Countrlass22 Wrote:

> But afraid not allowed sell pets on here

To clarify, selling of pets is allowed within a narrow guideline. Admin has openly and clearly displayed this guideline, following a very lengthy Forum dialogue.

Here is the guideline...

From Admin, in the Sales section-

Animals can only be sold if there's a link to them listed on another reputable website

There was quite an indepth discussion on this a while back. Free animals are fine. Selling needs to be linked to a site such as the webpage of an established or registered breeder, rehoming organisation etc. I believe this was intended to deter the inappropriate sale or purchase of animals.

I can't see that the 0P is in opposition to the guidelines in any way.

And personally I don't find anything distasteful about this thread, and I wish the OP the best of luck. xx

Thank you!! Xx

Saffron Wrote:

> Countrlass22 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > But afraid not allowed sell pets on here

>

> To clarify, selling of pets is allowed within a

> narrow guideline. Admin has openly and clearly

> displayed this guideline, following a very lengthy

> Forum dialogue.

>

> Here is the guideline...

>

> From Admin, in the Sales section-

> Animals can only be sold if there's a link to

> them listed on another reputable website

>

> There was quite an indepth discussion on this a

> while back. Free animals are fine. Selling needs

> to be linked to a site such as the webpage of an

> established or registered breeder, rehoming

> organisation etc. I believe this was intended to

> deter the inappropriate sale or purchase of

> animals.

>

> I can't see that the 0P is in opposition to the

> guidelines in any way.

>

> And personally I don't find anything distasteful

> about this thread, and I wish the OP the best of

> luck. xx

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I would like to you guve you an update!

Nearly 4 months after we found the 2 pups, we are ecstatic to say that they were adopted TOGETHER by a very loving family end of Nov!!

I'd just like to thank everyone for their kind words and interest and support.

Merry Christmas!!

Anelia