All Say i (if you don't own a iphone)

Easties EL

I can't. My phone doesn't have a tv in it. Shit phone that it is.

Suddenly I feel inadequate.

I've gone to the pub to watch their TV though. Does that count?

I could never match SeanMac at funky though. Not many folks in this world can even if they have tellys in their phone. He'll almost always be watching something cooler.

And Lo. Half way through a lovely evening I am disturbed by a telephone call from my babsitter explaining that the smallest beaglet has been yelling so loudly and for such a long time that the neighbours are about to call social services again. So I had to go home.

Did I need photographic evidence of this fact? Musical accompaniment? GPS perhaps, to assist my dash along Lordship Lane? Did I yearn for an "app" (please note we are now all FAR too busy to say "application") that would point out the many and varied sights and places of interest that I passed on my way home?

I did not. The telephone I had was more than sufficient.

Thank you and good night.

Yeah well the last time I did that the kids started the kind of racket that makes ear doctors hand out leaflets, and then the neighbours got all whotever about it and the police turned up at my gaff again so now she won't babysit unless I am contactable "at all times" blah blah blah..............

legalbeagle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And Lo. Half way through a lovely evening I am

> disturbed by a telephone call from my babsitter

> explaining that the smallest beaglet has been

> yelling so loudly and for such a long time that

> the neighbours are about to call social services

> again. So I had to go home.

>

> Did I need photographic evidence of this fact?

> Musical accompaniment? GPS perhaps, to assist my

> dash along Lordship Lane? Did I yearn for an "app"

> (please note we are now all FAR too busy to say

> "application") that would point out the many and

> varied sights and places of interest that I passed

> on my way home?

>

> I did not. The telephone I had was more than

> sufficient.

>

> Thank you and good night.

No but you could have taken a picture of your arse, appended the message "Kiss it!" and asked said babysitter to show it to social services!

Not exactly productive, FUNNY but not productive!

I am an owner of one. Contrary to certain prejudice related consumer -ware on the market, this device has been an absolute godsend. I've set up all my e-mails and can access them when it's urgent. I don't have to hassle with internet cafes or use a really old, back dated PC to go online when I'm out of the country.

Great for taking quick pictures of anything that interests me. I agree with Steve, carrying a camera is annoyingly heavier but it certainly serves it's purpose better than an i-phone - to take quality photographs.

This also is a substitute for an i-pod as this is readily available on the software.

AND no I didn't desire to own one for flaunting purposes, more as a practical solution to my work circumstances.

Worth pointing out though that you don?t need an iphone to do those things. There are other phones with cameras, audio players and internet incorporated.

Just like it is worth pointing out that there were pleanty of MP3 players with the same capabilities on the market before apple launched ipods along with the itunes monopoly.

Thing about Apple is that they may make things that other people have already done, but they make them mighty purty, and usually with pretty intuitive functionality. Like Nokia used to be on phones before they got a bit rubbish.

I would have bought an iphone if it weren't for the email issue. When recently buying a new laptop, I did go for a macbook - shiny shiny lovely lovely. Sometimes I stroke it.

Edited because I cannot spell it seems.