The Peckham Terminator

Bluerevolution

Karrie,

It seems very likely that the young man in the video does have a mental health problem, perhaps undiagnosed. The degree and length of the outburst is different from the short, staccato flip-outs that many of us have had when pushed. The very fact the other passengers stayed calm and did not get involved in a fight with him suggests that they knew he was unwell and not your average disgruntled passenger. I found the action of the two potty-mouthed trendies nearly as disturbing as that of the 'star' of the video, unable to hide their glee at being able to film their very own potentially-viral YouTube hit.

I initially thought it was a woman but by the end was convinced it was a man.....whatever the person was, he/she needs help. I'm amazed how long the police got to get to the scene. I do assume that the bus driver made a call. Anyone know if he did?

Yeah whatever...

He's quite tidily dressed though & I do like the way he minces away

( I wonder if he was saying "er, did you just walk through a glass door, of a bus, wiv out a scratch " to himself )

Still he's probably settled down now with a dog & a cat and a very understanding partner in Penge

"Get out my face, like those days are sooo over yeah "

W**F

Bluerevolution Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yeah, if it's true-he should have contacted the

> police, not stitch him up like that cos if he's

> wrong..............

He will be eliminated from the enquiries perhaps?

Sadly occurrences like this only seem to be getting worse. Normally fuelled by racist behavior. Of the 7-8 incidents I've seen on buses in the last 3 months or so, about 5 of them have been racially motivated and usually occur on the just going into Peckham or entering Camberwell

I hope they catch him, I always get on the bus with my toddler in her pushchair. If this happened when I was on there I would have a toddler totally frightened. This has happened to us before and she was absolutely hysterical and we weren't allowed off the bus either. Really unfair on commuters and I specially hate this behavior in front of children. It does happen, a lot!

Personally I watch that and feel a bit disturbed and a bit sad.

I could give it the big one and say I'd have intervened but if I'm honest I probably wouldn't, I'd have been a bit scared. Something clearly kicked the guy off (someone saying slag in his face according to what he says) but the guys filming it and laughing at someone clearly a bit screwed up.. not great. This behaviour may be unfair on others - "unfair on commuters" - but at a guess the person losing the plot would rather it wasn't happening too, he didn't look happy to me anyway.

If he refused to pay his fare, the bus driver would of refused to drive as they do, and someone waiting to get somewhere would of got involved. His name and address and have been popping up all over websites online, the same name every time, he is obviously a troublemaker. Hope the police have got him now. Got himself famous though hey, I suppose thats what matters *sigh*

*Bob* Wrote:

> I suggest a melodramatic voiceover introduction

> from Alistair Stewart, accompanied by pulsing

> techno beats - blended with a wash of

> emergency-service sirens.

-- bleak times.

*Bob* Wrote:

> I suggest a melodramatic voiceover introduction

> from Alistair Stewart, accompanied by pulsing

> techno beats - blended with a wash of